Crossover Games 9.1.0

I want to install Crossover games on my FreeBSD box (8.1-STABLE). I download the FreeBSD installer and when I run it it quits with the message
Code:
Verifying archive integrity...OK
Uncompressing CrossOver Games

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libXi.so.6: unsupported file layout
The setup program seems to have failed on FreeBSD / x86 / unknown.
Check the system requirements at:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/requirements/

You might be missing the 32bit compatibility libraries.
I have tried googling for the past 2 days trying to find an answer and the guys at crossover are not helpful because FreeBSD builds are still unsupported.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Just thinking about this a bit more. I know that 32bit jails are possible in 64bit OS's but I don't know the first thing about jails. I will look into them a bit more, but could I use a 32bit jail to launch certain applications that require a 32bit OS with relative ease. Also what effect would it have on the applications or the base OS's speed?

I have a Linux compatibility layer, but I'm sure it doesn't need it.
And amd64 with a custom kernel, sorry for not mentioning that.

Do you have compat32 in the kernel?

Code:
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD32        # Compatible with i386 binaries

It's in GENERIC, but you may have taken it out.

I don't know what you downloaded but as far as I can see there's only a Linux and a Mac OS-X version.

I am an advocate for crossover that means I can use testing/unsupported builds of crossovers (alphas, betas, and unsupported builds (FreeBSD and Solaris)). I think you can also use the FreeBSD unsupported builds if you are a normal paying customer but I'm not 100% sure.

If anyone can help me get this app up and running I would be very thankful. If I cannot get it running I regret to say that I will have to move back to Linux :( (that I don't want to do, because even though my stay with FreeBSD has been short I have grown to love it.)

Make sure you actually have the 32 bit libraries installed (not just binary compatibility in the kernel) in /usr/lib32/ (this requires that WITHOUT_LIB32 is not defined in /etc/src.conf or /etc/make.conf), make sure that whatever added /usr/local/lib/libXi.so has been compiled since adding lib32, and try again? Maybe?

Back