clang and llvm from base are not used for xorg building

Hi,
While installing xorg from ports on FreeBSD 10.2 it builds lang/clang36 and devel/llvm36 tools among others as dependencies. Although I have both CLANG and LLVM (3.4.1) on base, Xorg still requires to have duplicates. Is it possible to avoid building CLANG and LLVM and use those from base?
Cheers.

Maybe there's a way to replace dependency from 3.6 to 3.4.1 (skip installation of additional clang), then I will be able to perform some testings on VM and check if xorg will build properly?

Maybe there's a way to replace dependency from 3.6 to 3.4.1 (skip installation of additional clang), then I will be able to perform some testings on VM and check if xorg will build properly?
Read leebrown66 's post.

If it was possible to use the standard compiler the port would have used it.

devel/libclc only requires clang36 for building, so let it install clang36, finish compiling xorg, and then run pkg autoremove to remove all build dependencies. This should uninstall clang36 as well.

To paraphrase what leebrown66 said: I assume they tried to make it work with 3.4.1. For some reason it didn't. It was found that 3.6 was the first version that it would work with to build the Xorg stuff for every supported version of FreeBSD out there, and that is why it has that dependency.

Once FreeBSD 11.0 is officially released (using clang 3.7 as the base compiler), I imagine that the dependency will be "updated" to that version, if clang 3.7 works to build all the Xorg stuff. This means that on FreeBSD 11, one might not need that "extra compiler" that seems to be a issue for you. However, that extra compiler will still be needed on the older supported versions of FreeBSD, since the base compiler for those systems will remain unchanged.

Back