China's Kylin OS

darkshadow said:
I think you mean "None of the above links work " :)

There was a professor speaking to his students, "Many languages use a double negative to intensify the sense of negativity. In English, as a rule, a double negative tends to nullify the negative sense. Oddly, there is no language in which a double positive is used in a negative sense . . ."
When from the back of the room came a voice saying, "Yeah, right."

fronclynne said:
Oddly, there is no language in which a double positive is used in a negative sense . . ."
When from the back of the room came a voice saying, "Yeah, right."

F(censored) nice!

sure

for For sure we will understand freebsd FreeBSD code more than chines Chinese. I don't want to be offensive but some of chines Chinese product has low guilty quality. I hope they r[a]ise there their guilty quality in this product, so it aint doesn't break on every start up :).

who Who guarantee that [this] product didnt didn't include any spyware or back-door?

darkshadow said:
s/guilty/quality ? ;)

darkshadow said:
who guarantee that product didnt include any spy ware or back-door ?
No one, I presume. To be absolute save, you need to audit the source and also the complete build environment. Searching for "Self referencing C Compiler" might be instructive there.

Regarding all the interest in porting stuff over from them, I would not bother for some time. From what the web says to it, as far as I read it, it seems to be a political issue. The need for some own OS, but these things are simply not to be written in a month or two (at least not if you do not sit in some hut in the mountains and are busy cranking out NT1.0). The logical step is to "find" something that pretty much fits the bill and then to stick a new label on it. Since there seems to be some confusion on what it is based on, I would not be suprised to see some goof up with licences. Like releasing the complete thing with the GPL sticking out of some part where it does not belong.

Code:
s/guilty/quality
Yes that's true, I have been warned for that. I don't think spelling has any relation with programming because if that holds true then all English writers are excellent programmers. I know many people who can't even write a paragraph without making a lot of mistakes and they have very good quality even excellent programs. I don't know how non-programmers judge programmers.

For me quality came in first place since long time maintenance will cause headache if quality rule has not been satisfied.

Code:
Thanks for the help, had no idea what to make of that at first glance

Sorry, but I don't think it needed much time to figure that out :).

Back