[CFT] skype-4.2.0.11 port

Re:

cpm said:
Juanitou said:
multimedia/linux-c6-libv4l fails with a fetch error (File unavailable). Both vault.centos.org and ftp.FreeBSD.org repositories fail.
Thanks for reporting, @Juanitou. The URL has been fixed.
Issue resolved, thanks! Unfortunately, the last port before building Skype fails at the installing stage, as it did on the older virtual machine:
cpm said:
Juanitou said:
Portmaster fails here at the end of www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit install:
Code:
===> Checking if www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit already installed
===>  Registering installation for linux-c6-qt47-webkit-4.7.2 as automatic
pkg-static: lstat(/usr/ports/www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit/work/stage/compat/linux/usr/lib/qt47/imports/QtwebKit/qmldir/): Not a directory
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 74

Stop in /usr/ports/www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit.
===>>> Installation of linux-c6-qt47-webkit-4.7.2 (www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit) failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Killing background jobs

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
portmaster <flags> net-im/skype4 www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit
Reinstall ports-mgmt/pkg and try to install www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit again. If it fails then you should try to clear down the ports tree and do a fresh portsnap fetch extract before you retry it.
I have created this virtual machine from scratch, so the ports tree is fresh and pkg up to date (1.2.1). Needless to say, I have also a new Git clone of your repository.

Curiously:
Code:
# cat /usr/ports/www/linux-c6-qt47-webkit/work/stage/compat/linux/usr/lib/qt47/imports/QtwebKit/qmldir/qmldir
plugin qmlwebkitplugin
Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a workaround add
Code:
NO_STAGE=yes
in linux-c6-qt47-webkit/Makefile. This line avoids converting a port to staging.

Thanks, it works, even if it still complains about the non-staged folder:
Code:
===>  Registering installation for linux-c6-qt47-webkit-4.7.2
pkg-static: lstat(/compat/linux/usr/lib/qt47/imports/QtwebKit/qmldir/): Not a directory
Installing linux-c6-qt47-webkit-4.7.2... done

Thanks @cpm, Skype works, even if it complains about a Fontconfig error as reported by @bkouhi and I have not managed to make the sound and the webcam work in VMware (not related to Skype).

May I suggest you to add some lines about linprocfs in the README file? The handbook chapter you reference does not talk about it and I have not seen a pkg-message indicating it is needed.

The only issue I see in the README file is that it assumes the user has the Linux binary compatibility enabled, since the text starts by explaining that all linux-f10 ports must be deleted. We only find the reference to the handbook at the middle of the text… and sure enough it explains that we have to install emulators/linux_base-f10! An experienced user can understand what to do, but I’m not sure about an inexperienced one. If I had more time I’d like to propose you a rewrite of the text, but I can’t right now.

On the other hand, if I managed to make Skype work with these instructions, almost anybody should be able to do it! ;)

OK! I think that your point of view is quite understandable. Remember that it's a provisional repository. As I said earlier, Skype4 ports will be merged into the Ports Collection, and it will include clearly all the instructions (step by step) required to handle each part of the setup process.

Hi @cpm, I've just installed net-im/skype on my Lenovo IdeaPad S400 with FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE amd64. All looks very good: sound works fine and Options -> Video Devices shows my camera on /dev/video0 correctly and pressing Test button shows that camera is working, and camera led light is on.

However, I cannot make nor receive any real video call. Camera doesn't turn on and no incoming video popup window appears. What should it be? What kind of info should I post?

Thanks!

Back