fd devices:
    fd0: BIOS drive A(2880x512)
disk devices:
    disk0: BIOS drive C(15936480x512
       disk0: ISO9660
    disk 1: BIOS drive D(468862128x512)

Thanks,
Ed

Try booting in verbose mode (set this in loader) and check dmesg then.
(The FreeBSD kernel does not see disks that have started formatting, it may not see disks in other cases too, but then there may be error messages only visible in verbose mode)

I can't seem to get the picture uploaded. Here's the text of lsdev during Boot:
Code:
OK lsdev
fd devices:
    fd0: BIOS drive A(2880x512)
disk devices:
    disk0: BIOS drive C(15936480x512
       disk0: ISO9660
    disk 1: BIOS drive D(468862128x512)
Use your camera phone or other digital camera. It can be loaded on the forum through using web on your phone.

Maybe the size is too big. If you can get it on your computer, you can use the convert command from graphics/ImageMagick7-nox11 from the command line on FreeBSD to make the file smaller or change formats. convert image.png -resize 250x +repage image.jpg will make the file smaller and for example fix the image format. graphics/jhead can be used to remove exif data from jpeg files: jhead -purejpg file.jpg. Then, from the ImageMagick port, use identify --verbose *g |grep -i exif to confirm that there's no exif data.

Maybe the size is too big.
I would suggest uploading the picture to a site like imgur or something similar. Imgur allows much bigger pictures, and you can set them 'semi-private' so they don't show up on Imgur's feed but do allow you to link directly to them from other sites like ours.

I like when the files stay here though. Sometimes the image from the link becomes depreciated and it shows a broken image in the future. Also, it feels like they own the copyright to the image, rather than the users and forums themselves, for purposes of reusing as good examples on the forum.

I like imgbb though. Using those can help if there's trouble uploading. Maybe that can be useful for svg images too, perhaps not shown here, but only there. Those types of image files can be converted to a file type accepted here, from my examples above.

Whatever works to get a computer related image shown here.

That's not the BIOS, that's FreeBSD's loader(8)

Could really use a dump of dmesg > send_to_forums.txt. The disk should have shown up in the earlier commands you listed if loader picked it up

I saw that someone said that some motherboard BIOS's are capable of loading a SATA card's secondary BIOS, and some aren't. It depends on the year of the motherboard's BIOS and capabilities. Then, to load it from the OS, if the motherboard's BIOS can't see it.

The SiL3114 (and 3112) are craptastic controllers that doesn't do AHCI, if you go way back (pre 2008) you can find commits trying to "fix" these controllers. One "awesome" feature is that if you use 2 channels simultaneously you're very likely to get silent data corruption. Given that your motherboard doesn't do PCIe I'm not sure if you can find a decent controller at all.

Back