Can't setup bluetooth

Did an ubt0 device show up? Run tail -f /var/log/messages and plug in the dongle, assuming it's a dongle.

No, it doesn't need to be a dongle.

Make sure you have added this to /boot/loader.conf:
Code:
ng_ubt_load="YES"
And reboot. After the reboot check /var/log/messages and see if a ubt0 device is correctly detected.

I'm having similar problems with internal bluetooth on a ThinkPad T530i.... I get the same error as OP.
/var/log/messages shows:
Code:
Jul 16 12:24:14 FreeBSD kernel: ugen1.4: <Broadcom Corp BCM20702A0> at usbus1
Jul 16 12:24:14 FreeBSD kernel: ubt0 on uhub3
Jul 16 12:24:14 FreeBSD kernel: ubt0: <Broadcom Corp BCM20702A0, rev 2.00/1.12, addr 4> on usbus1
Jul 16 12:24:14 FreeBSD kernel: WARNING: attempt to domain_add(bluetooth) after domainfinalize()
Jul 16 12:24:14 FreeBSD kernel: WARNING: attempt to domain_add(netgraph) after domainfinalize()
Jul 16 12:24:21 FreeBSD bthidd[952]: syntax error in line 1
Jul 16 12:24:26 FreeBSD kernel: .
Jul 16 12:24:30 FreeBSD kernel:  11-1.

lsusb shows:-
Bus /dev/usb Device /dev/ugen1.4: ID 0a5c:21e6 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 [ThinkPad]

Not sure what this error means:-
bthidd[952]: syntax error in line 1

/etc/bluetooth/bthidd.conf is a zero length file so don't know which file is being referred to about the syntax error.

uname -a
FreeBSD FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE r341666 GENERIC amd64

The Raspberry Pi 3 has on-board bluetooth, but BT support seems to be missing from the RPi 3 builds. I do see this:
Code:
/etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0
...but also get this:
Code:
KLD file ng_ubt.ko is missing dependencies
How can I install those dependencies?

Also, "lsusb" is not installed by default and not found by package manager. Where can I get it?

ps: Is anyone maintaining a BSD desktop distro for RPi?

Ah, okay thanks. If it's not too much trouble, may I suggest that you put a button next to the SD card image on the download page which links to the "what works" page -- and at the top of the download chart in a conspicuous font, a note which says something like: "IMPORTANT: click the info button next to the disk image file and read the notes about hardware support before downloading". I jumped right in and did not realize its still very much a work in progress. ;)

ARM/ARM64 are still a Tier 2 platform.

Back