Can't install Virtual box additions in GhostBSD because of a library error

I have successfully installed GhostBSD as a guest OS in Virtual box 6.1.36 (please correct me if I am wrong but I am under impression that GhostBSD is essentially FreeBSD + Xorg + Mate pre-installed). The problem is to install VB additions in the guest system (the host OS is Lubuntu 20.04). It gives me the following error message:

Code:
$ sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing VirtualBox 6.1.36 Guest Additions for Linux........
VirtualBox Guest Additions installer
Unable to determine correct library path.

The package virtualbox-ose-additions is installed. Compatibility toggle linux_enable="YES" is on in /etc/rc.conf. I tried to run the mentioned script as root as well, that did not make any difference.

Any ideas will be appreciated...

Yes, you "insert" the guest additions through "Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD image". Then mount that disk in the guest and run a script that's on the "CD". But that guest additions CD only has Linux, MacOS, Solaris and Windows drivers. So you shouldn't use it at all on FreeBSD.

Yes, you "insert" the guest additions through "Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD image". Then mount that disk in the guest and run a script that's on the "CD". But that guest additions CD only has Linux, MacOS, Solaris and Windows drivers. So you shouldn't use it at all on FreeBSD.

I use to get everything off the net and do it when I was playing around with VM just to see what that was all about.

Thanks to those who replied. Actually, after some consideration I decided to give FreeBSD a try, rather than using derivatives. Run into another problem, though: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/...d-results-in-cant-open-display-message.88906/.

I suspect the OP mounted the "guest-additions" disk and tried to run the installer that's on the "CD". Which you don't need to do, just install emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions and be done.
BTW, that is quite correct. This is exactly what I was trying to do. Did not know it was pointless. Thank you for clarifying that.

Back