Can't get kde work!

Since this thread is solved, I am hijacking it.
You mentioned you have gotten KDE to work with Wayland. Can you give me a hint towards how you did this?
I can get other Compositors to work with Wayland, but KDE always stays black after splash screen.
Ah, I first set up Xorg to work properly, and then followed the advice that a FreeBSD dev has on the blog hosted at euroquis.nl - don't forget to install all 3 as mentioned in the blog: plasma5-kwin, plasma5-plasma-workspace, and plasma5-plasma-desktop. Miss one of those, and you get a black screen.

Ah, I first set up Xorg to work properly, and then followed the advice that a FreeBSD dev has on the blog hosted at euroquis.nl - don't forget to install all 3 as mentioned in the blog: plasma5-kwin, plasma5-plasma-workspace, and plasma5-plasma-desktop. Miss one of those, and you get a black screen.
I installed all those packages and issued startplasma-wayland.sh as stated in the blog entry I found. Still black screen.
I haven't set up Xorg though, it seems wrong to me, when running under Wayland.

I installed all those packages and issued startplasma-wayland.sh as stated in the blog entry I found. Still black screen.
I haven't set up Xorg though, it seems wrong to me, when running under Wayland.
The blog also mentioned linprocfs (as opposed to just proc mentioned in the Handbook)... And don't worry about Xorg deps being installed along the way.

The blog also mentioned linprocfs (as opposed to just proc mentioned in the Handbook)... And don't worry about Xorg deps being installed along the way.
Yeah tried all that, no success... I had even opened a PR, but it stalled...
Not that important though, I was just asking out of curiosity, I got a pretty neat setup with Wayfire now anyhow. :)

Back