Other Cannot launch JWM

Never had this problem before. IceWM and Ratpoison are being launched without problems.

I have checked my /home/username/.xinitrc to no avail. When I launch it from startx, it gives me a black screen no taskbar as before.
2018-01-09-132802_1600x900_scrot.png

I have checked and rechecked my .jwmrc - nothing
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and try to launch it without touching the .jwmrc and avoid typos but nothin, it wont launch. Something must be missing.

Thanks for the prompt answer...

Isnt that what this is for?

Code:
/home/username/.xinitrc

the problem I am having is the same as user or as root.

The home folder is a directory where all the user files and directories are located. The ownership and permissions are special conditions or flags given to files or directories so that the operating system can act on them pretty much
automatically.

As a general rule, I try to setup my system so that only user permissions are called to run user applications; especially, the X window system (or a.k.a. Xorg). So when you launch:
Code:
$ startx
that ~/.xinitrc has been given only user permissions to run it; not the root permission.

I switched my window manager from Openbox to JWM right now.

I was reading in that link posted above, and if JWM can't reach all the libraries it needs, then it
won't launch...so maybe check the dependencies and libraries for JWM and see if all of them are installed and working properly.

Thanks bookwormep, I got impatient this morning, installed DragonflyBSD on my other box. JWM launched as always perfectly :)

Back