bsdinstaller refuses to even start, falls through to inoperative amnesiac login

Hello all! Quite excited to make the switch to FreeBSD, however the installer refuses to even start. I have tried every image & iso for installation. I currently I am trying a 14.0 release memstick img written via the win32diskimager.

I have a zephry rog g14 2021.

The installer works fine up until I am given the prompt: [Install] [Shell] [LiveCD]

All these options do the same thing. It brings me to a freebsd/amd64 amnesiac login prompt. This would not be an issue if the login worked, but it does not. No default usernames work, and it spams the prompt to stdout. Pretty sure it isn't supposed to do this? Wasn't able to find any relevant information for troubleshooting really aside from disabling apci.

Edit0: I did verify the hash of memstick img. I am trying to boot with secure boot disabled and fast boot disabled as well
Edit1: Tried the 13.2 installer, same result.

Like most, I've spent my days on windows, arch, & Debian, so not sure if I am doing something fundamentally wrong (annoyingly, the documentation does not suggest I am).

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Files.io link to screenshots:

And does the internal keyboard work after installation?
Unfortunately not. It still has the same problems. It's quit bad too, usually have to restart if the keyboard is touched.

My keychron is just fine though, so I'm going to look into input driver options.

Back