*BSD infection going around

Sometimes I enjoy these incoherent threads of ramblings, just because the world views being expressed are extremely different from my own.
Everything seems a bit hmm... bikeshedding.
Community life is not easy, I think we forget why there is something like United States of America or European Union. Human beings are animals and sometimes erratic. Life consists of a series of daily micro-selections. Unity came to promote peace and progress, free movement and economic treaties to break tariffs. Of course between member states. I think it's worth it. It has its downside: Loss of identity and sovereignty, and control over the population. Meanwhile, I always keep in mind: Freedom exists until the law changes. For this, there must be guarantor agencies but a system based on laws and equal conditions in any case. You're free to do whatever you want but you'll have a mallet on you if you step out of the pot. We no longer want the jungle model. We are intelligent and emotional animals and we will always be grateful and condemned for it.

A subversive move might be to push overt tolerance on the masses in order to polarize the people into further upheaval
They won't, and that is well known. (People today have an overwhelming choice of things to consume, so they are docile and will not put their economic wealth at risk.)
Polarizing people has a different purpose: it separates and splits, so that people do no longer talk to each other within their community (and instead talk to likeminded peers online, which has no practical consequences). And so they do not get the idea to manage some of what concerns them on their own, and instead depend on rulers&nannies for everything.

* It is rather easy for the individual with power, or otherwise already has a basic idea of their own future, to push for a lawless society at the expense of those who are already marginalized.
That may be, but then, why would he? For what benefit? Start right here, looking at ourselves: what do we do here? Do we improve software, explain things, share experience, help people and try to debug their stuff - in order to marginalize them, or in order to try and empower them?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there is a natural cooperative impetus in humans, that tends to work well unless it is deliberately broken or otherwise rendered useless.

Everything seems a bit hmm... bikeshedding.
Community life is not easy, I think we forget why there is something like United States of America or European Union. Human beings are animals and sometimes erratic. Life consists of a series of daily micro-selections. Unity came to promote peace and progress, free movement and economic treaties to break tariffs. Of course between member states. I think it's worth it. It has its downside: Loss of identity and sovereignty, and control over the population.
Honest question: are You indeed experiencing life in a way that would make You more afraid of Your brother than of a government?
I for my part did grow up with the hippies, and with all the lies of the government, the Anslinger lie, the red danger lie, the Vietnam lie (and all the subsequent war lies), and I have really no base to trust a government.

It's amazing that anything gets even done these days - the public is under-educated and distrustful of leadership... it takes smart people on both sides to have any meaningful cooperation.

people do no longer talk to each other within their community (and instead talk to likeminded peers online, which has no practical consequences)
It's even worse since the massive spread of social media, because now many people not only talk with like-minded people only, but also get information from like-minded sources exclusively. As a result people live next to each other but in isolated bubbles where everyone has its own "alternative" version of reality, which can't be wrong because all of their sources of information say similar things and most people they talk to agree.

That may be, but then, why would he? For what benefit?
It's rather hard to imagine without direct observation. Subjective perspectives, I think, are always hard to break out of. However, if you watch what happens when society breaks down, there's looting etc.

Humans do the same thing when others aren't looking. Some do actually decide to steal the candy bar, even though they didn't desire it, nor care to obtain it, and in fact don't even like candy bars. It was there and they took the opportunity to steal it.

There are humans who are so brash as to steal things right infront of you, as an observer, and they just don't care. They don't care what you think, they don't care for morals, they just don't care. I've seen many people like this, it was surprising at first, but now I am used to it.

Anyways, if the law allowed people to take your possessions, they would take your possessions. For no other reason than it was there, not necessarily because of desire for the objects, but just because of the mental stimulation they get from taking your possessions. Again though, this is a subjective observation I've made, which I probably wouldn't have believed without seeing first hand.

Now, if we extrapolate this a little further, they would do the same thing with your life if the law allowed for it. I know this may be difficult to believe, but they really do exist [some people are willing to obtain anything if allowed, regardless of the cost to others, the cost to others means nothing].

In more polite society these people are called murderous cowards, elsewhere they have other sobriquets. Anyways, there really are people who make attempts to gain power and material, regardless of the cost to others, they saw an opportunity, so they took it.

Anyways, if the law allowed people to take your possessions, they would take your possessions.
There are repossession laws in US and in EU. Not too long ago I read about a woman who was mistakenly declared dead in France - she had an ongoing litigation saga on the side (also stemming from a misunderstanding), was sued for a lot of money, and with her being supposedly dead, the law gave the plaintiff side a green light to go ahead with repossession. She had to intentionally wreck her Porsche to drive down the repossession value.

Sometimes I enjoy these incoherent threads of ramblings, just because the world views being expressed are extremely different from my own.
Then you will love my posts. I'm a Midnight Rambler and a Raving Ranter.

That may be, but then, why would he?
It is the Political equivalent of what I do in some of my posts as a Crown Circumlocution Czar, cunningly clouding carefully crafted crazy circular conversation craziness confidently carrying conclusion certitude.

There is method to what appears madness that is well structured as a form letter, making a comment early that does not draw attention with the intention to refer back to it at the end to make a some point or to lead conversation to some end I had planned out from the start.

I can provide examples. My bests ones are here but I'd have to show you. One you can see for yourself my Readers Comments post at Distrowatch last night.

It's the same with what they're doing. That is was the plan and a means to an end for them. They will lie, obscure facts, reverse roles, revise history so recent it's beyond shame or change positions on the fly to suit their purpose.,

The Border Crisis is a perfect example. Make it easy for people to come in that will vote for us so we will stay in power. As long as we are in a position of power and our cushy lifestyle is secured, that is the Goal. The rest just objectives to meet that end goal.

You can't deny, much less refute because it's in the process of happening right now and a slanted view of it on cable news every day that tries to obscure it by misdirection.

I know this may be difficult to believe, but they really do exist [some people are willing to obtain anything if allowed, regardless of the cost to others, the cost to others means nothing].
That's right.

The only friend I have says when someone wins the lottery and I'm around, they don't win. Meaning he strong-arms it from them.

But I will hand him my wallet if I'm driving, tell him to take out hundreds of dollars and not even count it before I put it back in my pocket. But I make off-hand casual guided statements to test him and am constantly analyzing what he says for the truth of what he won't openly tell me.

Back