Solved browsers hangs up and crash

juan9182 It's your machine or its setup, not the browsers. There is nothing wrong with the browsers or FreeBSD.

in 3 diferents machines, with diferent hardware, my steps for instalation are:

-use all hard disk for instalation, ZFS single disk
-update ports
-install xorg thunar feh gmake gcc from PKG
-compile x11-wm/fvwm and lilyterm(external source)
-create a partition (/data) for hold my home folder encripted with Geli
-add my user

but 11.0-RELEASE is a production release not?
Correct but you said you were using "stable", which is the name of a development release. I think what you meant was you are using the production release which is a stable, production release, correct?

in 3 diferents machines, with diferent hardware, my steps for instalation are:

-use all hard disk for instalation, ZFS single disk
-update ports
-install xorg thunar feh gmake gcc from PKG
-compile x11-wm/fvwm and lilyterm(external source)
-create a partition (/data) for hold my home folder encripted with Geli
-add my user
Keep your setup as simple as possible to test for potential sources of problem:
  • Install a standard version of FreeBSD without building any custom kernel/world
  • Install on a UFS2 filesystem without any encryption
  • Use packages for all your applications
  • Use the default configuration for the applications that crash

Keep your setup as simple as possible to test for potential sources of problem:
  • Install a standard version of FreeBSD without building any custom kernel/world
  • Install on a UFS2 filesystem without any encryption
  • Use packages for all your applications
  • Use the default configuration for the applications that crash
i'l try it Beastie, thanks

Correct but you said you were using "stable", which is the name of a development release. I think what you meant was you are using the production release which is a stable, production release, correct?
o_O jaja sorry, my english is not to good..you right,i'm using the production release,the stable

before i'l try the beastie advise, this are my gtk settings:

.gtkrc.mine

Code:
gtk-cursor-blink=1
gtk-cursor-blink-time=230
gtk-cursor-blink-timeout=200
gtk-menu-bar-popup-delay=0
gtk-menu-popdown-delay=0
gtk-menu-popup-delay=0
gtk-enable-animations=0
gtk-enable-event-sounds=0
gtk-entry-select-on-focus=1
gtk-timeout-expand=0

i dont think so..but, thunar...caja..and firefox(compiled) are gtk2,could be?
tomorrow is test day :)

so far so good, 3 day of normal use, in my home and work, 0 crashes , 0 .cores files :)
today i reinstalled my work computer from 0 to zfs filesystem and change kern.hz to 100
i'think the problem was a mixed instalation, %50 from ports and %50 from packages...but...I do not want to rush..so
keep testing

yes,the problem was in some point , in compile ports and installed packages..i dont now when or how..but is solved,install all from pkg

In all my years, I see this asked on many forums and I have as yet to ever see an admin do that and either there is no such functionality or, in our case, the poster has the ability to do this himself but the asker rarely does.
Sincerely look at the posts and I never imagine that editing the first post could be closed

thanks
but i'dont see any option to mark as solved or close
It's a bit difficult to explain as I see something different because I'm a moderator. Do you see a "Thread tools" link at the top of the thread? It should include a "Edit Thread". That's where you can edit the thread's title.

If you can't find it just let me know and I'll mark it as "solved".

It's a bit difficult to explain as I see something different because I'm a moderator. Do you see a "Thread tools" link at the top of the thread? It should include a "Edit Thread". That's where you can edit the thread's title.

If you can't find it just let me know and I'll mark it as "solved".

now I understand

Back