bhyve bhyve: FreeBSD host and guest. trouble starting X.

my host system is 13.0-RELEASE-p3. I am trying to install the same version as guest using bhyve.

My installation (using pkg) of xorg, mate and slim was completed without errors.

However, the startx throws the error "cannot run in framebuffer mode: please specify busids". I tried creating the intel-driver.conf and entered the value that is coming from pciconf -lv | grep VGA. Some post say that this file is not required.

After creating the file intel-driver.conf, I get a different error. " no screen found (EE).

I am using two monitors. kldstat shows the presence of i915kms and drm loaded.

Where am I doing wrong and what I am missing?

/etc/rc.conf
1626878553226.png

error, while starting x.org
1626878620103.png

pciconf and diver-intel.conf
1626878673858.png

the pciconf of my VGA
1626878965145.png

After creating the file intel-driver.conf, I get a different error. " no screen found (EE).

I am using two monitors. kldstat shows the presence of i915kms and drm loaded.
It's a VM, it doesn't have a "real" VGA card. Try x11-drivers/xf86-video-scfb. And you're going to need to connect to the VM with VNC. A serial console obviously has no graphics.

SirDice, I am connecting to the guest using tigervnc.

I have to just do pkg install x11-drivers/xf86-video-scfb? Or install it via ports? I tried it through ports, but didn't know what to do after that.

Do I have to perform anything else?

The package should be fine. Nothing else would be needed. Make sure to remove that Intel driver configuration though, that's never going to work.

There shouldn't be a need to set anything. X will automatically pick up the correct driver. It may only work if you EUFI boot the VM though, I'm not 100% sure about that.

yes. loader="uefi" is my bhyve config.

As far as I know, I am doing everything correctly. Still it's not booting up in X mode.

Back