BeaSDie's Mantra of the Week

How often do you praise the yea free BeaSD?

• several times a day

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • periodic(8) daily

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • periodic(8) weekly

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • periodic(8) monthly

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • less than monthly

• never

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • don't know, I'm fighting with fsck(8)'ing configs

• shut the <censored> up, I can't login to my geli(8)-encrypted boot device!

• @ reboot(8) (e.g. when forced to freebsd-update(8) for security fixes)

• Total voters
[Click here to go to this week's BMW]

"Blessed are the disciples of the yea free BeaSD, for they have zfs(8) on root, native dataset encryption, and a parallelized rc.d(8)-init(8) system written in POSIX sh(1)ell."

Let's praise the yea free BeaSD & them contributors, commiters, ports(7) maintainers and unitrunker .
Amen.

yea ≈ truly; “yes, thus, so" · Amen"it is true", "let it be so"; used colloquially, to express strong agreement.

Last edited:
"Blessed are the disciples of the yea free BeaSD, for they have zfs(8) on root, native dataset encryption, and a parallelized rc.d(8)-init(8) system written in POSIX sh(1)ell."

Let's praise the yea free BeaSD & them contributors, commiters, ports(7) maintainers and unitrunker.
Amen.
Praise and Prayer?

I'm [url="https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/soldiex-website.66277/#post-391044The Red Devils Advocate[/url], Father to my own Demon Daughter Demonica. Made peace with and invited back my own personal Demon pox, who is the real brains of the outfit and taught me Alliteration.I don't tell to do anything and acts of his own accord s he sees fit to protect me.

Chained down for 2 decades inside me, once I got a few p letter words out in a sentence he saw his chance, broke free at this moment and I welcomed him back in to stay:

"It provided penitent information regarding the platform I was using, the OS, browser and posed the potential prospect of purposing this puter to purging previous practices pertaining to pesky passwords pestering me persistently when purchasing products purely for pleasurable purposes."

phrase phenom pox possessed

I'm Illustriously illuminated Incubus izezi infamously Independent Infernal and irrefutable Devotee of the Daemon Clan Beastie. One day I hope to become Son of Beastie and my royal lineage established, but am not a lowly Disciple. The only thing I sing the praises of is Beasties Tux Tartare...

His proficiency as penguin saucier pure Sorcery, poissonnier status power to serve penguin pastries penned in poem personally and potager paramount perfection penguin eggdrop soup some said soul swapping savory.

Trihexagonal, you're among the very few persons I accept to take the role of a priest to me.

And that is despite us having different insight on how to screw up a computer system by ignoring well known mathematical facts about graph theory, i.e. handling dependency graphs in an imperfect environment (self-called ports-mgmt/portmaster tries anyway...). It's about that I'm simply in need to read such posts like your's above daily, to sustain mental health to the most best degree possible in these modern times.

Now that I know that this is the month to celebrate the gift to mankind of your arrival on planet earth, I'll explicitely include you in the next week's "prayer" following after BeaSDie's mantra.

Last edited:
It's about that I'm simply in need to read such posts like yours above daily, to sustain mental health to the most best degree possible in these modern times.

Now that I know that this is the month to celebrate the gift to mankind of your arrival on planet earth, I'll explicitely include you in the next week's prayer following after BeaSDie's mantra.
Yes. my Psychiatrist told me twice "You're healthy" and we've known each other for 14 years. I trust in him to the length, beyond my Family, that I put my future in his hands. We talk shop and I talk about using Behavior Mod for laughs, my word is my Bond in his eyes (and mine). I credit him with saving my life and as my being my Superior. He handed me a script once and his prescription read "Go to Church", which I liked.

So I went to Church and stole a tall-as-me, skinny, Ebony Empress Christian girl from her Husband, in Church, during the Service by pouring her glass of Ocean Spray Mango juice and a few polite wird during lunch break.

After the Service restarted I looked up and there she was standing right beside me and her Hubby was on the other side of and had her by the hand trying to pulll her back to their seat and she was resisting. I thought "Thank you, Lord". Then they gave a sermon on stealing a mans wife and I thought "They're talking about me!" My Infamy knows no bounds.

He is a Psychiatrist and I'm just a Psycho Psychologist, Manipulative Bastard with a Morally Ambiguous Doctorate and Master of Xanatos Speed Chess.

I'm a Qualified Mental Retardation Professional, or QMRP, or Q for short as it's known in the circles. The local Mental Health Facility, where I had to lower myself to enroll in so I could get a Case Mamagers a last resort to get a ride to the hospital, is ran by a Qualified Mental Health Professional. or QMHP, or a Q.

The first time I spoke with their Q spoke by phone, within 1 minute of speaking to him I pinned the Case Manager and him down on Falsification of Documentation and brought into question if he had been billing the State as a Service Provider for Services I hadn't received.

It's just that easy for me. I'm not Star Trek level Q but as far above him as a Star Trek level Q is to me. The rest weren't even reliable taxi drivers and I could read them like words on a page, which made them uneasy. So I quit them and laid a guilt trip on my Brother-In-Law so he take me.

Trihexagonal, you're among the very few persons I accept to take the role of a priest to me.

I'm a Killer.
I'm a Clown.
I'm a Priest that's
Gone to town.

Alice Cooper - Desperado

I need all the Prayers I can get. Now, if possible, please.

Yes. my Psychiatrist told me twice "You're healthy" and we've known each other for 14 years.
I'm very confident you are. OTT, keep in mind that we western people live in a weird culture, where commonly accepted moral cornerstones are regularly contrasted by experiences of everyday life. Thus IMHO most "ordinary, normal" are mentally ill, but those who're not are declared to be. Besides that: in ancient cultures, as well as in today's tribal (native, "stoneage" people) cultures, those with real mental issues are seen as holy and enlightened. Sometimes, they take the role of a shaman.
I need all the Prayers I can get. Now, if possible, please.
No, please be patient. I decided not to post a new mantra more often than weekly, to keep the gracious audience tense.

My corollary to that is, all the things one sees on the internet and television "news" are regularly contrasted by experiences of everyday life.
I'm wondering whether it is a coincidence that you and Trihexagonal are both living in the same city. Did you ever meet to have a drink & smalltalk about the BeaSD & the universe & how it all fits together?

Who decides what is "normal"? I think we're headed for Orwellian Oblivion.

The Ministry of Love, Thought Police already exist, Thought Crime has come of age and people "need to be de-programmed to regain their sanity".

Yes, Sir. Room 101, right this way, Sir. A Programmer will be with you shortly.

The Ministry of Truth can be seen nightly on certain cable news channels propagandizing.

The Honorable drhowarddfine is a retired businessman who ran a multi-million dollar web design company before selling it at a huge profit margin. He now travels by Polaris submarine to the Antarctic poaching penguin with powerful pellet pistols in keeping The Tasty Tux, newly located at the top of the Arch and our joint business venture, in stock to maintain our St. Louis Power to Serve Penguin Pride.

Who decides what is "normal"?
I take the freedom to do so :)
I think we're headed for Orwellian Oblivion.
May I kindly ask for your generous permission to respectfully express my agreement, priesterman?
The Ministry of Love, [...]
The former "Ministry of Relaxation" ("Ministerium für Entspannung"), now "Zukunft" ("Future"), a very cozy place consisting of so-called "off-movie" open-air cinema, bar/pub, and club/concert location, is right around the corner where I live. It's one of my favourite places throughout spring-fall. Should you and/or DrJekyllDrHide ever come to Berlin, please don't miss your opportunity to do me a favour and let me invite you both there for having a drink or two. If only this fsck(8)'ing pandemic allows for.

Actually, Trihexagonal lives in Hannibal and I'm in St. Louis. I've thought about driving up and visiting but it's a bit of a trip
Ah I see, at least ~2 h by car. Actually didn't know you're nearer to the Great Lakes than to the Gulf... Man that river is huge & long!
and I am positive he and Sam Clemens will will give me the whitewash routine.
My english is not so 100%. Whitewash routine ≅ to find an excuse not to come to a tryst? Sometimes even worse: very short before the appointment... i.e. you're 5 min. before Hannibal & get a phone call: "Sorry, uh, äh, ...my sister's hubby his dog has diarrhea..."

Last edited:
Written by Walt Disney. Edited by Walter Cronkite. Presented by Brad Pitt.
He's seen my picture and still recovering from shock. And everyone wishes they had my License plates.

Aww I got hungry
We have carry-out and delivery in St. Louis County.

Whitewash routine ≅ to find an excuse not to come to a tryst? Sometimes even worse: very short before the appointment... i.e. your're 5 min. before Hannibal & get a phone call: "Sorry, uh, äh, ...my sister's hubby his dog has diarrhea..."

whitewash routine = tom foolery, give him the business, play tricks

He's seen my picture and still recovering from shock. And everyone wishes they had my License plates.
Link please. I'm forward looking to see humourous stuff. Did I see it already, but forgot?
whitewash routine = tom foolery, give him the business, play tricks
Ah, thx, now I found that term in one word: tomfoolery ≅ jest. No, you wouldn't do that, won't you? Your're a candid person. Besides that, beeing a retired successful businessman, drhowarddrfine wouldn't let you bamboozle him, since he likely knows more tricks than you & me together.

Mjölnir Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain, born and raised in Hannibal, Missouri. Wrote Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer where the young fella tricked his friends into whitewashing a fence that he was supposed to do. The other names I dropped are also famous Missouri born and/or raised.

Link please. I'm forward looking to see humourous stuff. Did I see it already, but forgot?
He wouldn't have forgotten how he cringed after seeing my picture if he'd seen it either.

"I cringed."

There, there...it will be alright. I did it for the shock value but you will recover.

Just never have hair like mine. :) 🎱🦲🎩

Back