Solved Are there driver for i5-8250u & intel UHD 620 graphics card in FreeBSD 11.2?

Now xorg works with "vesa", if I replace it with "intel", it will not work. "vesa" is too slow for desktop.
If no way, will FreeBSD 12 support the cpu and the graphics card?
Thanks.

See Graphics. I don't know anything about Intel graphics but if it is supported you probably would need either graphics/drm-stable-kmod or graphics/drm-next-kmod.

There is a more or less recent thread in this forum just about Intel graphics!

/boot/modules/i915kms.ko takes effect
  • laptop's second screen works
  • each display's resolution fit best automatically
But in plasma it's slow, for example, window resizing animation takes several seconds
  • xorg is not configured manually
  • the driver of the 2nd card (nvidia) is installed, but is not loaded in /boot/loader.conf

I'm starting to think this should be forbidden at the package level: nvidia-driver port is not supposed to be installed simultaneously with Mesa drivers (until FreeBSD adopts libglvnd).

By the way, how to uninstall the official nvidia driver?

I'm starting to think this should be forbidden at the package level: nvidia-driver port is not supposed to be installed simultaneously with Mesa drivers (until FreeBSD adopts libglvnd).

Thanks for libglvnd reference, certainly looks interesting.

By the way, how to uninstall the official nvidia driver?

Well, that involves either pkg remove command or, in cause you were adventurous enough to use the old-fashioned make install procedure, removing every single installed file by hand and then reinstalling mesa-libs and xorg-server packages.

Back