Any compelling reason to get ready to upgrade to 13?

For the scrub issue, for my is normal
my setup is 2 SDD disks of 120gb in mirror mode for the main system
and 2 HDD of 1TB in mirror mode too for files data(music,etc)
8GB ddr4 ram
and a intel corei3

the SSD disk took 1:50 to complete at 269M/s
the HDD disk took 1:56:00 to complete at 90.2M/s (starting little slow at 4K,20K..etc, to reach the
max speed)

and the system response fine during the scrub
installing packages, using chromium to watch youtube, pcmanfm to file operations(copy,delete,rename)

so,the speed of the scrub consider the type of disk and speed limitations is fine
and the system response was fine too

there are still zfs checkpoints (not snapshots!) if you worry
And this is ZoL/ZoF only which our previous ZFS doesn't support. It doesn't help in the situation I described at all.

And this is ZoL/ZoF only which our previous ZFS doesn't support. It doesn't help in the situation I described at all.
zfs checkpoints are supported in current FreeBSD versions and were created to revert to a known good status of the filesystem (version) in case we upgrade a zpool. In your case I would first checkpoint the filesystem, then upgrade to FreeBSD 13 and assert that everything went fine. Then you should upgrade the pool to the new version of ZFS. In case you encounter an error with ZFS you can use a livesystem and then revert to the checkpoint, meaning everything undone until then (also snapshots etc.) ... the reason zfs checkpoints were created was mainly for upgrading pools to newer ZFS versions.

I dont know is relevant now, but I made a 644Gb send/receive with another machine and everything runs just fine from one HDD 1TB disk to another HDD 1TB disk at max speed (100mb/ps)
trought one crossover patchcore from card to card

Back