AntiMicro and QuiteRSS

Two pieces of software that I use often and would love to see in FreeBSD are AntiMicro and QuiteRSS.

AntiMicro is an excellent keyboard to gamepad/joystick mapping utility. Its main purpose is to allow the use of gamepads/joysticks in games that do not have built-in support. It is open source and supported on Windows and Linux. I have compiled and used it on FreeBSD without any problems. It is written in C++ and uses Qt4 and SDL.

QuiteRSS is an Atom/RSS feed reader with a built-in web browser that uses WebKit. It is cross-platform and open source. I currently maintain the FreeBSD packages available from the author but would love to see this software in the ports collection. Supported platforms are Windows, Linux, OS/2, and OS X. It is written in C++ and uses Qt4.

I am trying to learn how to add ports and hopefully will eventually add these myself. But, if anyone else wants to take on the task I would not be opposed.

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I plan on trying to make ports, and attempted it once with AntiMicro. But, I just haven't felt I've had the time recently to work on it.

Back