Aero 2 Pro with N5105 CPU and FreeBSD - does it work?

Hello,

at the moment I'm using FreeBSD on a mini pc with J4205 Intel CPU

(everything works fine).

I thought to buy a second mini pc - a newer one. Something like that:

It has Intel Celeron N5105 CPU with integrated graphics. So my question is, would it work or is it "too new" for FreeBSD? What do you think? Any experience with such system?

I want to use it as a desktop pc - so I'll need hdmi, networking, audio, usb....

Thanks!

I haven't found anyting about Intel Celeren N5105 in that database.

It's "Jasper Lake" architecture and is from 2021. The most important thing would be of course the GPU support.

Something like that: It has Intel Celeron N5105 CPU with integrated graphics. So my question is, would it work or is it "too new" for FreeBSD? What do you think? Any experience with such system? I want to use it as a desktop pc - so I'll need hdmi, networking, audio, usb.... Thanks!
It's got an Intel® Celeron® Processor N5105 which has Intel® UHD Graphics. I can't find any evidence for the FreeBSD i915 driver working on FreeBSD for the Jasper Lake CPUs, but would be very happy to be found wrong. Also, Linux support looks to be available only after Linux kernel 5.11. On the other hand, these things are being sold with the assertion that OPNsense and pfSense work. These are both FreeBSD based, with a GUI, so maybe there is some hope... I have a similar post to yours.

Back