ACPI Error - FreeBSD 11.1

Hi,

I got a new Dell Precision 5510 and I was planning to install FreeBSD 11 on it. After inserting my FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 Release DVD, during boot and after boot finished, my system keeps showing this message:

Code:
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_TZ.TZ00._TMP] (Node 0xFFFFFF80009676b80), AE_NOT_FOUND (20170303/psparse-668)
ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECAV] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170303/psargs-503)
I read online and search in this forum, and the suggestion was to upgrade the BIOS/UEFI to the latest. I got the latest BIOS from DELL (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=YDGX9) and tried to boot FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 Release DVD and still got bunch of ACPI Errors during and after boot.

Then I download the latest FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 Stable Snapshot (20171019-r324751) and the issue is still exists.

I'm not sure if this is the issue with Dell BIOS/UEFI or FreeBSD. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I got a new Dell Precision 5510 and I was planning to install FreeBSD 11 on it. After inserting my FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 Release DVD, during boot and after boot finished, my system keeps showing this message:

Code:
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_TZ.TZ00._TMP] (Node 0xFFFFFF80009676b80), AE_NOT_FOUND (20170303/psparse-668)
ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECAV] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170303/psargs-503)
I read online and search in this forum, and the suggestion was to upgrade the BIOS/UEFI to the latest. I got the latest BIOS from DELL (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=YDGX9) and tried to boot FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 Release DVD and still got bunch of ACPI Errors during and after boot.

Then I download the latest FreeBSD 11.1 AMD64 Stable Snapshot (20171019-r324751) and the issue is still exists.

I'm not sure if this is the issue with Dell BIOS/UEFI or FreeBSD. Any help is appreciated.

I have a Precision M6500.

Does it affect you in any way? (The error [if there's more than a message]; not that I have a M6500...)

Very old tread but this problem still valid on DELL-5510 as well, and the solution is to, on /boot/loader.conf add the bellow:

Code:
#get rid of acpi messages (AE_NOT_FOUND)
debug.acpi.disabled="thermal"

Toke me a while to find it, hope it can help others :)

Very old tread but this problem still valid on DELL-5510 as well, and the solution is to, on /boot/loader.conf add the bellow:

Code:
#get rid of acpi messages (AE_NOT_FOUND)
debug.acpi.disabled="thermal"

Toke me a while to find it, hope it can help others :)
Thanks mate,

Also, to run the installer without the annoying messages:
In bootloader:
3. Escape to loader prompt

OK set debug.acpi.disabled="thermal" OK boot

Ran into a similar problem with an HP 250 G5 running BIOS F.21. I upgraded to the latest BIOS (F.50 Rev A) as many forum posts have suggested, and still ran into this pair of errors when booting the installer and after installation:

Code:
<Firmware Error (APCI): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.HEC.ECRD], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200430/psargs-503)
APCI Error: Aborting method \_TZ.TZ200._TMP doe to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200430/psargs-503)

The suggestion by tonyalbers from 18 March 2021 squelched the error messages during the installation process. Since this is a low-budget machine with a drained battery that I don't really push too hard, I'm content to take the risk. This worked for me under 12.2-RELEASE.

Last edited:
Back