Solved Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

I have been searching this forum and subsequently, everywhere else I can think of, concerning this wireless NIC and have found, essentially, nothing. I DID see a mention that this might be a Broadcom unit, but have found nothing definitive about that yet.

According to the info I got this morning from Acer, this is the wireless NIC installed in the particular Acer "Aspire One" laptop I am working with for our local ham club, and this is the last issue I have to resolve before I can deliver it to the users.

It is not mentioned in the results of dmesg -a | more, and wlan is not being loaded either, so the initial probe is not finding it.

Might anyone here know 1) what, exactly, this NIC might be, and 2) if it is supported in FreeBSD 12.0 RELEASE. and 3) what driver I might be able to use with it?

Thanks.

Ken Gordon

Run pciconf -lv as root. That should show something about it (probably with the word 'wireless' in the device line).

Aha! Thanks. I had forgotten about that command. It is a Broadcom BCM4313! Now to find a driver for it. :)

Ken Gordon

Back