2014 Forums Migration To Xenforo

I miss the ability to see all posts by section. For example, you can click on "Base System" but it doesn't do anything useful. Clicking through each of the 5 sub forums is arduous.

I'm very happy to see the non-pastel color scheme that I saw, visiting another forum using this new forum software. The only thing that seems worse is the smaller blue icon that leads the the unread post. Someone may know if it can be switched to something larger or edited.

Looks great so far. :) Nice layout. The RSS button and social profile is also a neat touch. Thanks to everyone involved in the migration!

Try removing cookies and clearing your cache. You may have some old stuff in your cache.

We took a little bit more preparation time this time. We're still sorting out a few issues.

I was having a problem with my (Firefox-based) browser locking up for a few seconds, usually just after a thread loaded. Messages to the console told me that it was npviewer.bin crashing. Disabling the flash-based uploader in preferences seems to have solved the problem.

P.S. Thanks to everyone involved with the migration.

The new forum looks good, I say. And once you disable the flash code and the fancy editor you can type a message without much lag. The echo time for a keystroke tended to be right in the annoying area. The configurability is also nice. Let's have some time to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
The menu above "Home, About, Get FreeBSD, etc" makes the forum not mobile friendly. Its not following responsive web design.

I will be more than happy to cooperate with someone who knows HTML, CSS and whatever else is needed to improve the design. Please get in touch with me if you think you might be able to help.

Back