• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2014 Forums Migration To Xenforo

aupanner

I miss the ability to see all posts by section. For example, you can click on "Base System" but it doesn't do anything useful. Clicking through each of the 5 sub forums is arduous.

fonz

Son of Beastie

Some links (home, and the menu on top) are not aware, if you visited from an encrypted session from https://forums.FreeBSD.org and redirect you to HTTP.
It's being looked into, thanks. By the way, the Home link has been ditched. It was exactly the same as Forums anyway.

Edit: This should be fixed now. Please report if it isn't.

jb_fvwm2

Daemon

I'm very happy to see the non-pastel color scheme that I saw, visiting another forum using this new forum software. The only thing that seems worse is the smaller blue icon that leads the the unread post. Someone may know if it can be switched to something larger or edited.

wblock@

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

There are a couple of alternate "Styles" under your Preferences settings.

alie

Aspiring Daemon

The new forum keeps asking me to login. I am using Firefox 32

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Try removing cookies and clearing your cache. You may have some old stuff in your cache.

Crow

The new forum looks great. Thank you. :)

_martin

Aspiring Daemon

Hey, this looks nice! Definitely better than before. Thumbs up.

BSDBernd

Wow this forum looks nice... Great work!

sk8harddiefast

Daemon

I like the forum's new look very much!

jrm@

Daemon
Developer

I was having a problem with my (Firefox-based) browser locking up for a few seconds, usually just after a thread loaded. Messages to the console told me that it was npviewer.bin crashing. Disabling the flash-based uploader in preferences seems to have solved the problem.

P.S. Thanks to everyone involved with the migration.

Crivens

Staff member

The new forum looks good, I say. And once you disable the flash code and the fancy editor you can type a message without much lag. The echo time for a keystroke tended to be right in the annoying area. The configurability is also nice. Let's have some time to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

alie

Aspiring Daemon

The menu above "Home, About, Get FreeBSD, etc" makes the forum not mobile friendly. Its not following responsive web design.

danger@

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

I will be more than happy to cooperate with someone who knows HTML, CSS and whatever else is needed to improve the design. Please get in touch with me if you think you might be able to help.