10 hours to fully charge my laptop battery - Asus ZenBook UX431DA

I think your laptop is actually AMD Ryzen based?
Yes.
but I would be surprised if it works
Nope, doesn't work and that's another annoying thing. Also the Fn+F1/2/3/4/5/6 for the remaining hotkeys don't work either... I was able to manually allocate shortcuts for screen brightness and volume, but for the keyboard backlight and touchpad ON/OFF no luck.
Some of these functions are probably supposed to be handled by the acpi_asus and acpi_asus_wmi drivers
Well, if there is, I'm not sure exactly how. Honestly I tried to look at the /etc/devd/asus.conf but I have no clue how to tweak with it...

According to the acpi_asus_wmi manual there is a sysctl knob dev.acpi_asus_wmi.0.handle_keys. sysctl dev.acpi_asus_wmi.0.handle_keys - if it's not 1 already you can try setting it to that: sysctl dev.acpi_asus_wmi.0.handle_keys=1. sysctl -a | grep asus will show more variables which I can't test or comment on myself. acpiconf -i 0 can show you more information about your battery and how long it thinks it will take to charge. Indication of a major problem there might be a lot of "unknown" printed there, or wildly incorrect numbers. hw.acpi.verbose set to 1 will print messages in dmesg when you plug and unplug the AC. These are a few things I can think of that might be helpful when reporting a bug.

Back