Solved fluxbox not opening apps

You should know all about it by now, teo

I've told you how to add icons to the menu when you posted the question to my tutorial, including telling you how to add links to the menu when you don't even use Fluxbox and have answered every question you were too lazy to look up yourself and could possibly think of to use as an excuse to troll my tutorial for the past 4 years.

Now you've taken up someone's bad habit of telling outright lies, teo, and are no better at it than they were.

I just updated it earlier today with that command and you can see by my posts every time I have updated it. The whole back page is full of updates I've made to it this year alone. The last question I answered before being offline for a year was yours about icons on the menu.

My site states it was updated May 19, 2021.

Don't do it again, teo. You don't want to end up on my desktop in the Box O' Stupid people.
First of all, thank you for answering the questions I did earlier.

When you say....
You should know all about it by now, teo

How am I going to know everything if I have not even been able to configure Fluxbox? That's why I suddenly asked, and as there were no desired answers to the questions I asked, how to proceed to add icons to the main menu and among other things how to configure the menu, etc, I gave up, so I was not trolling, but trying to learn, and less you say blatant lies, for having said that the guide is years ago, because I did not know that you have been updating.
So if it is an updated guide? Don't you think you should delete the old outdated guide? At least that's what it looks like with a 2017 date. This is all generated by the comment I made, telling pleace you to teach the user of the open topic the procedures to configure fluxbox.

How am I going to know everything if I have not even been able to configure Fluxbox?
Because you've asked me how to do those things before.

I gave up, so I was not trolling, but trying to learn,
Can't you use Google? That's usually what I do to answer your questions.

and less you say blatant lies, for having said that the guide is years ago, because I did not know that you have been updating
The last question you asked me was Feb. 2, 2020, I answered Feb, 3, 2020, I had just posted the answer to the question you asked when you asked the same question in the screenshot thread and I looked it up on Google to find you the answer.
Hello Trihexagonal!

For example, to display the xfe icon on the menu, how should I proceed? And I'd also like to know what that's for.

Code:
 (urxvt) {urxvt}
Logic dictates to find the path and do it just like the provided instruction to do the other one:

"Later, if you would like to add icons to the fluxbox menu, you can create a small 32x32 image or find the one associated with the appropriate program to "Export As" an image in .xpm format from Gimp to where you want to save it. Then you link to the image from the fluxbox menu behind the command to call the program."
That only one of many I've answered and you don't even use fluxbox.

Because you've asked me how to do those things before.
Of course I did ask sometimes, because I could not and cannot with fluxbox, just as the user of the open topic was asking and said that he was not getting the desired results he wanted. And I asked because I googled for results, and google displayed your link, and I will keep asking as times as I try again with fluxbox.
That only one of many I've answered and you don't even use fluxbox.

How am I going to use if I have not even been able to with Fluxbox, to use you must have clear procedures to configure fluxbox to the needs and taste of the user.

So if it is an updated guide? Don't you think you should delete the old outdated guide? At least that's what it looks like with a 2017 date.
The first line of the post reads:

I'm going to guide you though the process of getting a fully functional FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE desktop up and running, complete with system files and security settings, step-by-step as if you've never used UNIX or the command line.
That's current and I post to the thread each time I update it.

How am I going to use if I have not even been able to with Fluxbox, to use you must have clear procedures to configure fluxbox to the needs and taste of the user.
That's a Task Analysis. I've broken it down step-by-step and it just doesn't get any easier than that. it's the way you work with autistic people to teach them a new task, and why I've answered your questions the last 4 years, teo.

But to be blunt, FreeBSD just isn't for everybody. You've been a member here since 2013, only one year less than me. I hate to tell you but if you haven't figured it out by now you probably aren't going to.

In fact, I asked you a long time ago to show a screenshot of your desktop to prove you even used FreeBSD and I don't remember you ever doing so...

How about it, teo? Post a screenshot in the screenshot thread and show us what your FreeBSD desktop looks like. Or are you a Linux user and don't run FreeBSD at all?

Trihex, Old Man. I am wondering if there is a specific reason you use Fluxbox? I (somehow) installed MATE for my desktop here and I like it a lot, so far, although I don't really understand it very well yet.

Care to elaborate?

Ken Gordon

P.S. I say "somehow" above because I have been away from my small project for some time due to medical issues, and am only now getting back to it.

Not speaking for Trihexagonal but I use it because of the simplicity, useability and low overhead. Yes it’s just a window manager so you have to also have a separate file manager but there are so many to choose from that’s easy. For me, it fits with FreeBSD: simple. It and cwm are the only 2 window managers I have ever really liked.

I am wondering if there is a specific reason you use Fluxbox
Much the same reason sevendogsbsd states.

I started using it when I had a Gateway Solo 150 with 1.2GHz Celeron and 512MB RAM IIRC, maybe 1 GB RM.

But I continued to use it after trying several others {Hackedbox, Windowlabs, etc.) because of the low resource usage, simplicity and ease of configuration.

I've been using it 10 years or so and have a specific configuration for my desktop with gkrellm2, urxvt and Xfe opening on boot that suits my style of work and general desktop needs as far as leisure purposes..

duckduck gave me this:

I use Trihex's howto every time i install FBSD, is to the point, and it shows he cares about us newbies. It takes some work for the OP to make him lose his patience, stop bellyaching and do your duty: read, search, make everybody interested in helping you, take your intellectual lumps and become one of them, maybe someday you'll write a howto.

But to be blunt, FreeBSD just isn't for everybody. You've been a member here since 2013, only one year less than me. I hate to tell you but if you haven't figured it out by now you probably aren't going to.
In the time you mention, every once in a while I have played with FreeBSD in virtualized machine trying to learn in my spare time and leisure time.
Your answers and questions, do not contribute to the main topic opened by the user, and you try to pry with biased criticism outside the main topic, who told you to please teach the user who opened the topic the fluxbox configuration procedures.

Trihexagonal said:
In fact, I asked you a long time ago to show a screenshot of your desktop to prove you even used FreeBSD and I don't remember you ever doing so...

How about it, teo? Post a screenshot in the screenshot thread and show us what your FreeBSD desktop looks like. Or are you a Linux user and don't run FreeBSD at all?
A few months ago I opened a topic, my laptop spoiling when I tried to use FreeBSD as a base system, since then I have not fiddled freebsd again.

I don't believe in virtual box, there is something about installing on metal: do or die! reinstall again, get to the bottom of it. I play with Slackware-current, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, it depends on my mood, the less I know the more reckless I become, the more chances I take, the more I learn...
but what do I know?
Here's something for laptop users:

In the time you mention, every once in a while I have played with FreeBSD in virtualized machine trying to learn in my spare time and leisure time.
Since 2013? You're wasting your time but it's yours to waste. But you're done wasting mine.

My Tutorial is not lacking in any way and all questions are answered within it. I will not delete it and post it again (You were really reaching there.) or change it in any way I do not see as a benefit to the usr, and that does not include you.
Your answers and questions, do not contribute to the main topic opened by the user, and you try to pry with biased criticism outside the main topic, who told you to please teach the user who opened the topic the fluxbox configuration procedures.
Well, little bird, take a deep breath and hold it. Cause the next thing you feel will be my Converse AeroJams giving you the boot because it's out the nest you go!

When you think you're big enough to start telling me what to do you're big enough to be on your own and it's well past time you leave the nest. So fly like an eagle or flop like a fish, it's on you now. You're going on ignore as soon as i post this.
A few months ago I opened a topic, my laptop spoiling when I tried to use FreeBSD as a base system, since then I have not fiddled freebsd again.
Yes, and you failed to fellow my instructions and never answered me to say whether or not you did what I advised and whether or not it worked to fix your laptop like I fixed mine.

Don't bother answering now, I really couldn't care less. You need to concentrate on your own shortcomings from now on, not those you imagine to be mine.

Since 2013? You're wasting your time but it's yours to waste. But you're done wasting mine.

My Tutorial is not lacking in any way and all questions are answered within it. I will not delete it and post it again (You were really reaching there.) or change it in any way I do not see as a benefit to the usr, and that does not include you.

Well, little bird, take a deep breath and hold it. Cause the next thing you feel will be my Converse AeroJams giving you the boot because it's out the nest you go!

When you think you're big enough to start telling me what to do you're big enough to be on your own and it's well past time you leave the nest. So fly like an eagle or flop like a fish, it's on you now. You're going on ignore as soon as i post this.

Yes, and you failed to fellow my instructions and never answered me to say whether or not you did what I advised and whether or not it worked to fix your laptop like I fixed mine.

Don't bother answering now, I really couldn't care less. You need to concentrate on your own shortcomings from now on, not those you imagine to be mine.
Trihexagonal said:
When I play with freebsd I have fun and attempt to learn in my free and leisure time, so, I don't waste any time.

In your answers/criticisms, I am not going to fall into the toxicity out of main topic opened by the user. I just told you to please teach the user the fluxbox configuration procedures, end period.

Back