Stopping something

I stopped turning up the volume on the TV, only watch muted cable news or the weather channel and listen to music throuh headphones all day.

I never turn the TV off and always have at least 3 laptops in use I leave on even if I go out. I'm a proponent of repeated and cooling being bad for electronics

I stoped scuba diving after 30 years plus because I am not young anymore and I do not like cold, ha ha.
If you're completely vaccinated, you should just come to Hawaii for your scuba fix. Oh, and bring your wife, you lucky dog.

Thanks to the pandemic, I had to stop going to the gym to play basketball... I miss the heated 5-on-5 games where I can actually push the pace and go on fast breaks.

drhowarddrfine , don't get me started... I'm on Mainland US, not HI... FWIW, my avatar photo features a view from Don the Beachcomber's, the birthplace of Mai Tai. I buy my tickets on a cron schedule since 1993. Damn, you got me started... :p

That's the one thing I definitely am not gonna stop.

Bartender, a house round of Mai Tai on me. Double rum shots.

I'll just have some chocolate milk, please.

I stopped smoking by using Chantix. You're supposed to smoke the first week, then stop and continue the Chantix for a month, I think. But I'd been a heavy smoker for 40 years and it didn't work. So, in consultation with the doctor, I continued on the Chantix, and found that my urge to smoke got less and less till I was smoking one cigarette a day. Then, I got the flu, in the winter, and since my wife didn't allow me to smoke in the house, going out for that cigarette was too much trouble. And then I stopped completely. For months, I still had the occasional craving, but gradually it went away. Though even now, 8 years later, once in awhile I walk by someone smoking on the street, smell the smoke, and feel the urge for a cigarette. However, it's quite easy to resist now.

Stopped smoking cold turkey in 1993. Haven’t smoked since. Cut way down on beer as well although I like the occasional craft beer, typically an ale. Also stopped drinking any sort of liquor. Wine and beer only now.

Love helps.

I have never smoked and the girl I dated, years ago, quit smoking for me cause I'm such a lovable guy. When we broke up later, she said one of the best things I ever did for her was to get her to quit smoking.

I don't like news, newspaper or TV either, but to be more specific, I mean the normal television broadcast over cable or antenna. I love movies and series streamed via Netflix, HBO, etc. Avid video gamer since 1988 and absolutely love it. Big World of Warcraft player (~10 years).

We all like and dislike different things though, and some of those things become all-consuming, which is a good motivation to stop one or all of them.

Well, we all do need something to take our minds off things. particularly when one thing is biting so hard and so long that it's hard to think, and mind goes just numb from that.

I stopped smoking by using Chantix. You're supposed to smoke the first week, then stop and continue the Chantix for a month, I think. But I'd been a heavy smoker for 40 years and it didn't work. So, in consultation with the doctor, I continued on the Chantix, and found that my urge to smoke got less and less till I was smoking one cigarette a day.
A former associate of mine was taking Chantix. It caused him to have a psychotic break and he thought the World was going to come to an end.

He said he started thinking about saving his grandchildren from the terror of the Apocalypse, in their sleep with his AK-47. Luckily for them, his Daughter noticed him acting strangely, called 911 and they carted him out of his house strapped to the gurney.

When they banned smoking in the Tom Sawyer Townhouse he tried his hardest to get me to take a key to his basement. That way if I wanted to enjoy a fine .50 cent stogy in peace, I could just come over and let myself in the basement and hang out.

But try as he might, I would not take that key.

There was no way he was going to find a burglar in his basement and it turn out to be me he mistakenly emptied that 30 round clip into.

I knew he was a nut all along and I'm not the one Resting In Peace. I'm enjoying a fine 50 cent stogy with my coffee.

A former associate of mine was taking Chantix. It caused him to have a psychotic break and he thought the World was going to come to an end.

He said he started thinking about saving his grandchildren from the terror of the Apocalypse, in their sleep with his AK-47. Luckily for them, his Daughter noticed him acting strangely, called 911 and they carted him out of his house strapped to the gurney.

When they banned smoking in the Tom Sawyer Townhouse he tried his hardest to get me to take a key to his basement. That way if I wanted to enjoy a fine .50 cent stogy in peace, I could just come over and let myself in the basement and hang out.

But try as he might, I would not take that key.

There was no way he was going to find a burglar in his basement and it turn out to be me he mistakenly emptied that 30 round clip into.

I knew he was a nut all along and I'm not the one Resting In Peace. I'm enjoying a fine 50 cent stogy with my coffee.
FWIW, Kalashnikov himself used to live not far from my place... These days, his family still runs the factory in another town, and it offers non-functional 'display units' for sale. Even those run close to $3k, and exporting even that is illegal. But when I was in second grade, the Red Army did try to teach the boys in my class how to assemble one.

Drop it in the mud, pick it up and let it rock full auto. He had a drop-in piece for it to rock out.

I collected Soveit era Russian watches and got into the history of the watch factories, their perseverence through adversity in WWII and admire the for their toughness as a people. Got to see Day Watch and Night Watch if you haven't

I'm going to ask Vlad if I can move into the Urals Underground Facility and chill out till the war is over. I saw our Army recruiting video and that's not how I remember things when I was 19 in Ft. McCelenen, AL. Home of the MP's and Polyraph school, of which I was a subject for an FBI trainee.

I remember doing 50 pushups for every formation we had in a day every day was there for my waking up Drill Sargent Grueber when he feel asleep during a class. He lined me up in front of the Company said I was going to be pushing up Alabama till it was an island. I thought more than once he was going to hit me when he took me outside afterwards, or have a stroke.

Senior Drill liked it though, and me. The next morning after PT he called out to me and said to be sure Driill Sgt.Grueber didn't fall asleep today. And he didn't like that either... I still don't know why, everybody else laughed. He was Airborne Ranger and didn't think his feelings would be hurt so easily... We sang funny songs about eskimos girls and Up the hill, down the hill, through the hill. HA HA. No sweat.

Waging Peace wasn't my thing anyway. The U.S nightstick was though. (A cowboy does not provide effective protection from a quick double shot to the brainbox.).

vigole, Vlad told me he saw your Tweet promoting my Demonica and Kuki chat transcript and that's all it took to get on his good side. If you wanted to chill out a year or two underground when the time was right I could pick you up in the Hypersonic on the way over. They won't see me coming and they won't see us go, only hear the sonic boom and broken windows when I punch it and we hit Mach6.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Chantix has been known to have side effects like the one Trihexagonal mentions. I remember joking that as I am usually depressed, maybe it would cheer me up. I did seem to have some vivid dreams while taking it, but aside from that, it didn't seem to have any negative effects. And the dreams weren't necessarily bad. But for anyone considering it, it is known to sometimes have such effects.

I stopped by to see him a few years later and he had some kind of sodium imbalance or something that had wacked him out and he had put on so much weight he looked like a swelled up BB.

I'm healthy looking and of Swedish heritage. 6 foot tall 190lbs with long hair that curls most girls would die to have. In my 30's looked like David Lee Roth. Dave did not age as well and I still have all my hair.

That's more than my "friend" could live with. He told his daughter after I left that if this was it wa like to get old he didn't want to live anymore and died 8 days later.

Have I mentioned what a fan I am of Natures Way?

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
I collected Soveit era Russian watches
G7Zc0.gif
GvqAJ.gif

Nu, pogodi!

Back