Stopping something

I have no message. But to stop something there is always fun it. And we are programmed you need to start something.
I throw away my packet of cigarettes, she was a good friend.
But In me I need to start something, maybe different. Throw your ideas. The more crazy the better.
Go skydiving.
It's.... liberating...

Though there is the saying, If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may be a poor choice. Although one could say the same about bomb disposal.

Though there is the saying, If at first you don't succeed, skydiving may be a poor choice. Although one could say the same about bomb disposal.
Pathway to a career in bomb disposal has awfully many points of failure, starting with chemistry class in 9th grade, knowledge of history, laws that govern distribution, storage and disposal of materials (that bombs have been assembled from). And even if you have the education and a sense for safety techniques, it can be surprisingly difficult to obtain military clearance for access to the sites. My point is, there's plenty of points in that path where it's plenty easy to say, "If at first you don't succeed, try again".

I did explosives handling and loading on aircraft for about a decade during my military career and never dropped anything thankfully...disposal is a completely different animal though: munitions that have fallen, not exploded and are in an unknown state are far more dangerous than ones in a known state and being loaded on aircraft.

I did explosives handling and loading on aircraft for about a decade during my military career and never dropped anything thankfully...disposal is a completely different animal though: munitions that have fallen, not exploded and are in an unknown state are far more dangerous than ones in a known state and being loaded on aircraft.
Sure... but there's also disposal of the stockpiles from base/fort warehouses - some of those chemicals do have an expiration date, and at some point, those devices cannot be safely deployed, either. 😩

I throw away my packet of cigarettes, she was a good friend.
But In me I need to start something, maybe different. Throw your ideas. The more crazy the better.
Cheap 50 cent Dutch cigars.

I couldn't stop smoking cigarettes so switched to cigars and was able to quit them for 2 years. Then things went to hell in a hooptie a couple years ago so I started smoking again.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Isn't that somehow the idea? They are not MEANT to be safe.
Do you seriously think that?
No way bombs would be getting made and loaded onto any kind of transport if there was no way to avoid an accidental detonation. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone bombs at all, but just like OS'es like FreeBSD have a truckload of effort and brains invested into their design, so do bombs. They were designed to give the military very precise control over the detonation.

Do you seriously think that?
Yes and no. It was a little tounge-in-cheek reference to Sir Terry Pratchett (The Hogfather). I spent some time "in the green", I know what these things do. And you never get 100% safe, so don't be surprised if you build things to go boom and they do just that. Bolzman won't allow 100%. Not with software, not with hardware.

Back