X fails with AMD integrated graphics, "/dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory"

Hmm.. Can you post the output from pkg info -x drm and kldstat?

Can you give instruction, how are you do that?
Bash:
pkg install drm-fbsd13-kmod xf86-video-amdgpu

I made a mistake in my previous message our cards use a different driver, mine uses driver vega10 but yours uses the driver polaris21 from what I understand, so maybe there is something else to do.

Ok, so these two are important:
Code:
drm-fbsd13-kmod-5.4.92.g20210419
drm-kmod-g20190710_1
You're loading amdgpu:
Code:
4    1 0xffffffff82c00000   31fd70 amdgpu.ko

I'm thinking you should try radeonkms instead of amdgpu.

you have installed both drm-kmod AND drm-fbsd13-kmod , that's wrong keep only one uninstall drm-kmod
No, it's not. graphics/drm-kmod will automatically install the correct version based on the FreeBSD version. For 13.0 it will automatically install graphics/drm-fbsd13-kmod. This is the recommended way to install it.

SirDice
Okay I believe you, but why when I do a 'pkg search drm-kmod' there is a version for FBSD13 but nothing for FBSD12 which is still alive, I do not understand ?

Okay I believe you, but why when I do a 'pkg search drm-kmod' there is a version for FBSD13 but nothing for FBSD12 which is still alive, I do not understand ?
The graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod is for 12.x systems. So it doesn't exist in repositories for 13.x. It does exist in the repositories for 12.2 but there graphics/drm-fbsd13-kmod won't exist because that's specifically for 13.

That's why you should install graphics/drm-kmod, it will automagically install the correct one for your version of FreeBSD. That port is a so-called "meta" port, it does nothing of itself, it simply depends on other ports/packages.

Code:
.if ${ARCH} == "amd64"
.if ${OSVERSION} >= 1103000 && ${OSVERSION} < 1200000
RUN_DEPENDS=	${KMODDIR}/drm.ko:graphics/drm-fbsd11.2-kmod
.elif ${OSVERSION} >= 1200058 && ${OSVERSION} < 1300000
RUN_DEPENDS=	${KMODDIR}/drm.ko:graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod
.elif ${OSVERSION} >= 1300000 && ${OSVERSION} < 1300136
IGNORE=		not supported on older 13, no kernel support
.elif ${OSVERSION} >= 1300136 && ${OSVERSION} < 1400000
RUN_DEPENDS=	${KMODDIR}/drm.ko:graphics/drm-fbsd13-kmod
.elif ${OSVERSION} >= 1400000
RUN_DEPENDS=	${KMODDIR}/drm.ko:graphics/drm-current-kmod
.else
IGNORE=		not supported for this configuration
.endif

Good so it is working fine ?
what is the result of the previous command 'kldstat' just for my knowledge, thanks.

X fails with AMD integrated graphics, "/dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory"

… FreeBSD 11.2 …

startx gives me the basic X screen (three terminals and a clock). So I think things are going well, …

Thanks, would you like to update the subject line of the topic?

… The module still has a lot of complaints. …

I'd go for FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE, which allows superior DRM.

Please, why did you choose an inferior version?

Back