AX200 Love?

Looking at this:
Intel AX200/AX201
I am under the impression I cannot use this card with my system (see pic):

Or is there a way and I don't see it? I got this for Christmas and I love the Bluetooth 5.1 this baby has. I really want to put it to work (currently using a thumb-sized network adapter with short range capabilities).

Attachments

• 20210103_205546.jpg
    20210103_205546.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 327
No news on if_iwl since November? I guess there is no easy porting over from OpenBSD?

Looks like I have to get a cheap USB dongle to bridge the gap. Any idea which one causes the least hassle? 🤔

No news on if_iwl since November? I guess there is no easy porting over from OpenBSD?

Looks like I have to get a cheap USB dongle to bridge the gap. Any idea which one causes the least hassle? 🤔

A bit of a cheat but this adapter is very easy to use and bypasses the wifi issue entirely.

It is basically (as far as I have noticed) a tiny embedded Linux with a rtl (realtek) wifi chip in it that bridges the wifi and single ethernet port on the end together. Admittedly I usually use it for my Solaris 10 and Windows NT 4.x machines but sometimes use it on FreeBSD / OpenBSD when I need to grab wifi firmware / etc.

It is 'g', perhaps you can find something similar with a newer wifi standard? To be honest, a Raspberry Pi and some tinkering could act as a similar dongle these days.

I have a TRENDnet TEW-624UB that puts me online with FreeBSD every time. Once the drivers are installed back to my desk it goes. I love this little thing. The only issue I have with it after a decade of use is that USB 3.2 upgrade of late overheats it. I have to use a 2.0 USB extender to prevent that. I have an ASUS module as well, but it is only out of the box with Linux, FreeBSD doesn't factor it as with the TRENDnet dongle.

Back