Intel WLAN AC9462 on 13.0-CURRENT

Good morning fellow BSD-lovers.

As the topic suggests, iam trying to get the Intel Wireless AC9462 running on my freshly installed 13.0-CURRENT. Iam using the iwm driver with the newly added support for AC 946X. Unfortunately, the driver doesn't detect the PCI device.

According to the manufacturer of this cheap-ass machine (Medion Akoya E4251 - MD 61416) its an Intel® Wireless®-AC9462. Googling the device id from pciconf (0x31dc), i can find not much. Only references i find are to linux drivers for the AC 9560. According to the manpage of the iwm driver, it should support both chipsets.

Anyone out there with the same chipsets got the driver running? Or any tips on how to proceed? To my knowledge there isnt much i can do if the driver doesnt detect the card, or is there? I can provide any logs if helpfull, but since this thing hasn't got any network card i have to juggle around with USB-sticks. Please forgive me for not blindly copying any logs.

Thanks for your input.

I understand the nececity to focus on supported versions. On the other hand, a (too short) answer like this scares is capable of scaring off newbies from using FreeBSD. IMHO a good alternative would be to point him to the mailing list. Of course, this is also documented elsewhere, but obviously this user did not read that or forgot it.
2nd EDIT: Maybe he found out his WLAN is not supported on RELEASE and therefore installed CURRENT.
EDIT: BTW, you're using 12-STABLE yourself, IIRC. Which is perfectly ok in your case and other very advanced users.

On the other hand, a (too short) answer like this scares is capable of scaring off newbies from using FreeBSD.
I'm not going to regurgitate what's in that post.

BTW, you're using 12-STABLE yourself, IIRC. Which is perfectly ok in your case and other very advanced users.
-RELEASE and -STABLE are supported versions.

I'm not going to regurgitate what's in that post.
I did not mean you should. My objective was to suggest you can enhance such posts to include a pointer to the mailing lists. Eventually it's your decision, and I guess you have a lot of work with the forums. If you have some templates to post in such cases, it's just a quick edit in one of these.

Back