Solved Other TTYs glitchy while running X

When I run X (as of now I use startx, but I think the same happened when using xdm) and switch to another TTY using Ctrl+Alt+F3 for example, I get a screen with a bunch of colourful (red, green, blue) lines on a black background and that's it. I can normally switch back to the TTY with the X server and it works. When I exit the X session, all TTYs work as expected.

I am using the NVIDIA driver and I have vt for the TTYs.

Here's my Xorg log.

Thank you for your help!

Switching back to syscons indeed fixes the issue, thank you very much.

I have also noticed that there is a great lag with the TTYs now, is that also related to syscons vs newcons? I mean the terminal doesn't seem as nearly as responsive as on my laptop for example, running OpenBSD --- there, it's sometimes even better to use the TTY due to the more responsive feeling. I don't know if it was any different before with newcons though, as I couldn't use TTY anyway while X was running...

I see, thank you.

Now it works as expected. However, I tried tweaking the resolution to something like 1920x1080x8 but it seems to be very sensitive and I get page fault kernel panics very often... But I suppose I should either report a bug or open a new thread about that.

Afaik you can't change resolution and fonts in the console when using the Nvidia driver, but I hope someone can tell me I'm wrong.

Back