Other (i3wm) Any decent theme around?

What theme do you use to get uniformed look for QT and GTK applications? They looks very different and libreoffice has Windows'95 disguise. :-D
On KDE, Breeze provided uniformed look for everything.

Arc is solid, using it now. QT becomes much more better with export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2 in ~/.xinitrc. As for icons - are they necessary for i3 ? I looked into Suru++ theme and most if it is app icons.

As for icons - are they necessary for i3 ? I looked into Suru++ theme and most if it is app icons.
Only if you are using file managers like Thunar/PcManFM, etc or systray apps. As for themes, there aren't actually "themes" for i3, only schemes colors which can be manipulated from config. Some people prefer a solarized aspect other dark, etc.

i3wm49-18.03.2019.png

Last edited:
I'm thrilled how much time you've invested to make this eye candy :p I have almost vanilla i3 + i3status + vim with solarized dark at the moment.
Is it PcManFM on the right ? Is it QT or GTK version ?
Workspace icons are from x11-fonts/font-awesome ?

I'm thrilled how much time you've invested to make this eye candy :p I have almost vanilla i3 + i3status + vim with solarized dark at the moment.
Is it PcManFM on the right ? Is it QT or GTK version ?
Workspace icons are from x11-fonts/font-awesome ?
In the right container it's opened sysutils/py-ranger (with ranger_devicons). I don't use GUI apps so much, although I have x11-fm/pcmanfm installed. Yes, for workspaces I've used x11-fonts/font-awesome and the status it's x11/i3blocks. As for the invested time I did this over time, since I'm using i3 from 2013.

I started using Gruvbox (dark) a while back. Not using any icons, might later give that a try.
Only have two GUI apps (firefox with Gruvbox theme) and Quassel Client (forgot the theme name, no gruvbox theme yet).

I'm still learning so still figuring things out.

What theme do you use to get uniformed look

I tried different themes both in GUI (mainly i3, LXDE, bit of Openbox) and CLI, used Solarized Dark for quite a long time.

In the end I got rid of them all and just use a plain console and no-frills cwm GUI. Only in vim I use a few basic color schemes (one CLI, one GUI) to distinguish different parts of my texts in markdown (plain 'daringball style'), ranger and my sh shell with default coloring for readability.

The result is a uniformed and simple look of my surroundings: black background, whitish characters and cwm-default grayish menu bars in cwm. In console I use a smaller and thin looking font that makes the output less screamy.

And it is very pleasing :)

Thanks for your suggestions! Here is what I've got so far.

Attachments

• 1553957444.png
    1553957444.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 473
Back