Other Beginners questions about freebsd and gnome 3

Hello together,

A week ago I started again with FreeBSD 11.1 and Gnome 3 desktop. Now it's really cool, stable and very fast and I think it is maybe usable for computer desktops. After some howtos and Youtube videos I made it run on a free disk in my PC with a NVidia 1050Ti.

I installed Gnome3 as desktop with chromium etc. with pkg, now I have some questions:
I noticed that in the stable 11.1 version the gnome version are 3.22. Is it possible to update it to 3.24? I read that the development version are 3.26 but I think it will be not stable enough.
Somebody got a howto or more infos how to upgrade the gnome version?

Thanks in advance for the answers,

Lightwar

All versions of FreeBSD use the same ports tree and thus have the same versions available. There's only a difference in defaults, -RELEASE versions use the quarterly packages and -STABLE uses the latest packages by default. But all systems can be switched if so desired.

If you want to switch to the latest packages, simply create a file called /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf with this content:
Code:
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest"
}

I noticed that in the stable 11.1 version the gnome version are 3.22. Is it possible to update it to 3.24?
I'm not sure where you got these versions from, x11/gnome3 is at 3.18 at this time.

Back