Other iSCSI Multipath

Hi
I was looking for some info about iSCSI, does it support multipath on a FreeBSD? I have found only really old discussions about that, and all were.. unoptimistic.
Does somebody have tested it with FreeBSD 10.3 RELEASE?
Thanks!

Yes, ctl(4) supports iSCSI multi-pathing. I currently have a FreeBSD 10.3 RELEASE iSCSI cluster using ZFS and ctl(4) with 4x10 GigE ports presenting LUNs to a Windows 2012 server which has 2 10GigE ports dedicated to iSCSI connection. As with most multi-pathing the key is client side setup.

The guide does a good job explaining how to do a basic configuration. I do wish they had more examples of ctl.conf entries

Sorry, my bad. My FreeBSD server is the client, it connects to a dell MD3000i NAS that presents the LUNs to a dedicated GigabitE network.

Yes, ctl(4) supports iSCSI multi-pathing. I currently have a FreeBSD 10.3 RELEASE iSCSI cluster using ZFS and ctl(4) with 4x10 GigE ports presenting LUNs to a Windows 2012 server which has 2 10GigE ports dedicated to iSCSI connection. As with most multi-pathing the key is client side setup.

The guide does a good job explaining how to do a basic configuration. I do wish they had more examples of ctl.conf entries
is it possible to setup windows7 iscsi initiator for coonnect freebsd ctld multi-path?
example?

Windows 7 (same as all desktop OS from Microsoft) does not support SCSI multi-pathing. Only Windows Server versions (IIRC starting from 2003) support it.

Back