Mesa update to 7.6.1 breaks el-180_4

Title practically says it... If you upgrade Mesa to 7.6.1, build of el (and possibly some other games as well?) fails as load_gl_extensions.h is not compatible. :(
Does this need to be fixed upstream or is there an easy fix for it?

I'm not going to install games/el just to test, but I had to rebuild everything that depended on and was depended on by graphics/dri* to get it all working correctly**.

* # portupgrade -fRr dri\*
** for some loose definition of correctly: the accel is nice, the lockups are not.

I don’t have a Radeon card, but I did set WITHOUT_NOUVEAU, as I’m using the proprietary nvidia driver anyway. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have Mesa 7.6.1. ;)

Hehe. Yes, that’s me; I’m currently trying to get the CVS client to compile, and I’ll report back on success. ;)

hermes said:
I don’t have a Radeon card, but I did set WITHOUT_NOUVEAU, as I’m using the proprietary nvidia driver anyway. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have Mesa 7.6.1. ;)

The nVidia blob doesn't use Mesa!

Oh, didn’t know that. ;) Anyway, I got the CVS client compiled. The GL version stuff is fixed there, but you need some other adjustments to get it working:
add #include "../errors.h" to books/fontdefs.c
remove __inline__ from hash_fn_int, cmp_fn_int, hash_fn_str and cmp_fn_str functions in hash.h and hash.c

Attachments

• BSDMakefile.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 217
Seems to be a different issue as k3d compiles for you and el doesn't compile at all for hermes.

As for your problem, rhyous, I asked you on freebsd-x11 what the output of 'glxinfo' was but I don't believe you responded.

Adam

Back