Solved Firefox and Chromium bugs made me crazy

Hi, I recently updated my apps. In the last two or three days, Firefox and Chromium crashed more than 100 times!
many times I see these messages:

In chromium:

1.png

2.png

In firefox:

3.png

Sometimes the browser closes by itself.
Sometimes they stop and nothing can be done with the system.
About 8 / 9 times the system restarted by itself.
Even once the system was completely messed up and I fixed it with fsck.

Dear friends, I wanted to know if someone has my problem. I really wanted to be patient and not make a post for it. But this problem really bothers me. This is the first time I'm facing such a problem. I even deleted firefox and chromium and configs and reinstalled it but nothings changed. Interestingly, I don't have this problem with any other software! I say again I've never had this problem before and this problem appeared after the update.

Firefox version: 104.0
Chromium version: 104.0.5112.101
FreeBSD version: FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE amd64

I will be grateful for any suggestions and solutions.
With respect.

First of all, your OS is obsolete and outdated.
Please upgrade to 13.1-RELEASE
freebsd-update fetch
freebsd-update install
freebsd-update upgrade -r 13.1-RELEASE
freebsd-update install

First of all, your OS is obsolete and outdated.
No it is NOT! Before posting check

Edit: But but it will be on August 31, 2022 which is tomorrow. Big grin ;)

But this is for sure not the reason for the OP's problem. It is probably more a problem of running out of resources.

hbsd
So interesting would be memory available/needed.

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the source of your problem but, without mentioning the apps, there is no way we can tell.
Suffice to say, no one here is reporting the same issue.
Honestly, I hate updating packages and I hate Firefox/Chromium new versions,
they get worse with every update. I'm really thinking about using another browser like midori. These bugs are really annoying and it made it impossible for me to use Firefox and Chromium.

without mentioning the apps, there is no way we can tell.
I didn't understand exactly. I don't have a lot of software on my system. As far as I remember, these are:
git curl neofetch firefox chromium mpv pcmanfm xarchiver unzip rar unrar emacs nano evince abiword gpicview scrot pavucontrol pulseaudio uget sqlite3 postgresql mariadb gksu i3 dmenu lxterminal

What windowmanager/desktop environment?
What extensions/plugins are loaded?
what happens if you start it in safe mode? in a terminal window firefox --safe-mode

What extensions/plugins are loaded?
I tried both browsers without installing any plugins and had the exact same problems. But I have these: Dark Reader, uBlock Origin

what happens if you start it in safe mode? in a terminal window firefox --safe-mode
Even in safe mode there were the same problems.

if you do
pkg upgrade -n

does it show any packages to be upgraded?

ETA:
as root,
ps aux | grep fire
does it show any firefox processes running?

if you do
pkg upgrade -n

does it show any packages to be upgraded?

ETA:
as root,
ps aux | grep fire
does it show any firefox processes running?
Yes I got this:
firefox: 104.0_2,2 -> 104.0.1,2

the config/profiles is kept in your $HOME/.mozilla, before the next time you start it (whatever version) just rename that directory so firefox starts fresh.

Firefox (and Thunderbird for that matter) crashes for me have always been down to memory (this is OpenBSD but think FreeBSD might be similar enough in this case) - they are absolute memory hogs and need many gigabytes of memory (I'm allowing them 8GB and the crashes are gone.)

My way doing this is running firefox -profilemanager for creating/managing profiles.
That gives a clean profile; I'm simply trying to remove all old configuration and force mozilla to start fresh.

I delete firefox and tried to install firefox-esr but got this message:
The most recent versions of packages are already installed.
That implies firefox and firefox-esr are/were both installed which should be impossible. They should conflict with each other.

pkg upgrade -n not pkg update

pkg update updates the pkg repo information
pkg upgrade performs and upgrade of the packages

whats the output of
pkg info | grep -i fire

Firefox (and Thunderbird for that matter) crashes for me have always been down to memory (this is OpenBSD but think FreeBSD might be similar enough in this case) - they are absolute memory hogs and need many gigabytes of memory (I'm allowing them 8GB and the crashes are gone.)
But pkg info firefox says:
It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advanced features:

( kidding, I know they are memory hogs )

Back