Intel NIC i-226v

Good afternoon!
I'm from pfSense forum coming here.
Have a question about this NIC support. Pfsense have in advanced networking 3 additional options (Hardware Checksum Offloading, Hardware TCP Segmentation Offloading, Hardware Large Receive Offloading) and looking for this NIC support or could be one or two of these options. What better to switch ON in this case for 1Gb internet up/down. Could not found any information about this support for this NIC. Pfsense CE on FreeBSD 14 current and NIC hardware is:
igc0@pci0:1:0:0: class=0x020000 rev=0x04 hdr=0x00 vendor=0x8086 device=0x 125c subvendor=0x8086 subdevice=0x0000
vendor = 'Intel Corporation'
device = 'Ethernet Controller I226-V'
class = network
subclass = ethernet

I have Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I225-V (rev03) and I226-V (rev 04) NICs. My I226-V NICs look very much like yours.

I can confirm that the I225-V (rev03) works under FreeBSD 14.0 and the I226-V (rev 04) works on both FreeBSD 13.3 and FreeBSD 14.0, when plugged into a gigabit switch (i.e. not tested on a 2.5 gigabit switch). They use the igc(4) driver.

I have not tested any other combination, but would fully expect the I225-V (rev03) would work under FreeBSD 13.3.

There have been discussions on the list about motherboard vendors modifying the firmware of these NICs (as identified by the subvendor and subdevice identifications). But your subvendor and subdevice codes look completely standard.

We don't really know what differences there are between pfSense and FreeBSD, which is why questions regarding pfSense on this forum can't be addressed with any great certainty -- though Google suggests that Netgate may have done the early work on the FreeBSD igc(4) driver.

On FreeBSD systems, the igc(4) driver code resides in /usr/src/sys/dev/igc. You may care to compare this with what's used in pfSense.

You can have a look at the igc(4) driver and verify the support for your I226-V as follows:
Code:
[gunsynd.148] $ pwd
/usr/src/sys/dev/igc
[gunsynd.149] $ grep -i 125c *
igc_hw.h:#define IGC_DEV_ID_I226_V            0x125C
[gunsynd.150] $ grep -i IGC_DEV_ID_I226_V *
if_igc.c:    PVID(0x8086, IGC_DEV_ID_I226_V, "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V"),
igc_api.c:    case IGC_DEV_ID_I226_V:
igc_hw.h:#define IGC_DEV_ID_I226_V            0x125C

Back