Port install stuck on "Generating temporary packing list"

Installing and maintaining the FreeBSD Ports Collection or FreeBSD Packages (i.e. third party software).

Port install stuck on "Generating temporary packing list"

Postby stefarossi » 20 Jan 2013, 17:45

Hello,
I'm trying to install [port]net-p2p/deluge[/port], which has [port]net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-15-python[/port] as a dependency.
[FILE]libtorrent-rasterbar-15-python[/FILE] compiled just fine, but it won't install, it hangs at "Generating temporary packing list".

Code: Select all
# cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-15-python
# make                                               
# make install                                       
===>  Installing for py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2
===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python2.7 - found
===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: boost_python.4 - found
===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: torrent-rasterbar.6 - found
===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: boost_date_time.4 - found
===>   py27-libtorrent-rasterbar-0.15.9_2 depends on shared library: GeoIP.5 - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list

What can I do to install it?
I'm on 9.1-RELEASE, so [FILE]pkg_add -r[/FILE] is not an option.
Thanks.
stefarossi

Postby OH » 21 Jan 2013, 01:15

The removal of [file]pkg_plist[/file] while making this port a slave to [port]net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar[/port] is to blame. I have this problem on another port too.

Details here: [pr]ports/175368[/pr]

Same caveat probably applies.
OH

Postby stefarossi » 23 Jan 2013, 12:47

Thanks for the tip.

I'm quite new to the FreeBSD ports system, how do I recreate the [FILE]pkg-plist[/FILE]? I tried this from the Handbook, but of course the command [FILE]make install PREFIX=/var/tmp/`make -V PORTNAME`[/FILE] stops on "Generating temporary packing list". And what do I have to add to the [FILE]Makefile[/FILE]?

Thanks again.
stefarossi

Postby OH » 23 Jan 2013, 21:46

The Makefile specifies only one line to exist in pkg-plist, so I wouldn't bother with that method at this point. Just make the file and enter in it:
%%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/libtorrent.so

You can then remove the [file]PLIST_FILES=[/file]-line from the Makefile and alter [file]PLIST=[/file] to point to your newly created pkg-plist (because of its slave status, the port would normally refer to the master for its packing list, hence this override).
PLIST=           ${.CURDIR}/pkg-plist

This should get the port installed with a relatively correct packing list
OH

Return to Installation and Maintenance of FreeBSD Ports or Packages