Solved zpool not importing on boot

I just upgraded from 12.2-RELEASE to 13.0-RELEASE and my only zpool pool will not import on boot. I can import it manually after booting but it does not persist.
I am not using zfs on root and no encryption. Pretty simple setup.
Any suggestions?

I've just finished updating from 12.2-RELEASE-p6 to 13.0-RELEASE using freebsd-update() and had the same problem. I had zfs_enable="YES" set. This was after the reboot following the first freebsd-update install, but before I ran the second freebsd-update install.

I manually imported my two missing non-root pools, which succeeded fine, then after another reboot they were found automatically on boot.

I've just finished updating from 12.2-RELEASE-p6 to 13.0-RELEASE using freebsd-update() and had the same problem. I had zfs_enable="YES" set. This was after the reboot following the first freebsd-update install, but before I ran the second freebsd-update install.

I manually imported my two missing non-root pools, which succeeded fine, then after another reboot they were found automatically on boot.
That did the trick. I guess I hadn't actually finished installing yet.

Hi all

I got same issue and fixed by move zfs_enable="YES" from /etc/rc.conf.d/zfs to /etc/rc.conf😀
But /etc/rc.conf.d/zfs worked fine prior 12.2-RELEASE, no idea malfunction after upgrade.
I will try to find root cause 😀

Back