xorg-minimal and Xorg -config

I have installed xorg-minimal. Now when I do Xorg -config I have a problem with a missing libz.so.6 thrown from ld-elf.so.1:
Code:
shared object "libz.so.6" not found, required by "libXfont.so.1"

Linked ld-elf.so.1:

ln -s /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 /usr/local/lib/libz.so.6

Repeated command Xorg -config, result:
Code:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.6: version ZLIB_1.2.4.0 required by /usr/local/lib/libXfont.so.1 not found

How can I fix this error?

How you tried a port-upgrade? Also did you install the xorg-minimal by package or through the ports?
Since your at minimal now would be a good time to do the port-upgrade.

Thanks for reply diegoshaman. Yes, the ports tree is up to date, portaudit db is up to date too.
Maybe I should just delete the entire 8.1 release (my os) with the 8.2 release ports tree?
jurgn

paulfrottawa said:
How you tried a port-upgrade? Also did you install the xorg-minimal by package or through the ports?
Since your at minimal now would be a good time to do the port-upgrade.
diegosshaman, I will do what you suggest, ignore the preceeding post it was addressed to paulfrottawa.
Thanks again for your reply.
jurgn

diegoshaman said:
Delete this link and reinstall the libXfont.

[CMD=]cd /usr/ports/x11-fonts/libXfont && make install clean[/CMD]
Thanks for reply, diegoshaman, I will do what you suggest.
jurgn

diegoshaman said:
Delete this link and reinstall the libXfont.

[CMD=]cd /usr/ports/x11-fonts/libXfont && make install clean[/cmd]
diegoshaman, the version of libXfont is a package not from the ports tree.
I have attempted this:
[cmd=]pkg_delete libXfont-1.4.4,1[/cmd] but it is required by xorg-server-1.7.5,1. Is there a way to force a package deletion? I feel stuck at this point, maybe attempting deleting xorg-server-1.7.5,1?

jurgn said:
I have attempted this:
[cmd=]pkg_delete libXfont-1.4.4,1[/cmd] but it is required by xorg-server-1.7.5,1. Is there a way to force a package deletion?
Try reading the man page; pkg_delete(1).

Back