Xfce4 Login Bugged

Firstly, hello everyone, I'm new around here.
So this weekend I had some spare time so I decided to try FreeBSD out. Install went smoothly. I installed xfce4 and xdm. Upon booting up, I get directed to the login screen after about a minute. Here is the problem though. I type in my user's name, password, the screen goes dark for 1-2 seconds, and just returns me to the login screen again. I also tried logging in as root, no luck.Help is very much appreciated. Forgive me if I posted in the wrong category or messed up somewhere, as said I am new around here.
-ac

failed to set mtrr

error connecting to ConsoleKit

D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory

are the errors I could make out. Also, I did the stuff that is on that section of the handbook. No help.

Also, different problem now (did a complete reinstall in the time between posting the thread and my last reply) ; startx just starts, goes black, and exits out with the errors i stated above. Still trying to run xfce4.
-ac

I do now, still doesnt work. Also no, I didnt install a video driver. Can you please point me to a section of the Handbook that shows how to do it?

I do now, still doesnt work. Also no, I didnt install a video driver. Can you point me to a section of the Handbook that shows how to do it?
Did you reboot or run service dbus start after adding dbus_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf? Is the error message still the same?

I rebooted and then ran the command. It works now! Got booted into xfce. It is a bit blurry and it is in a low resolution, but nothing a little tweaking cant fix. Thank you all!

I do now, still doesnt work. Also no, I didnt install a video driver. Can you please point me to a section of the Handbook that shows how to do it?
After you install that you need to start the dbus service: service dbus start or to restart the computer, as for a display login manager I recommend lightdm

Back