Solved xfce4 and mate desktop, console-kit , policykit problem

While starting xfce4 or mate desktop I receive these nasty error which makes both desktops fail to work correctly :
console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed
Failed to activate service org.freedesktop.Accounts
Failed to activate service org.freedesktop.Policykit1

Is dbus running? From within a Xsession does ck-list-sessions output anything?

With lxde I have :
ck-launch-session startlxde
Error initializing authority: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: Timeout was reached

That sounds like dbus isn't running, or not running correctly. Shutdown LXDE so you're back at the console. Then restart dbus and check if you have it running. You should, at the very least, have an instance running with /usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon --system. Also check if you have sysutils/polkit installed.

Very weird, when I do, # service dbus onestop
Followed by :
Code:
$startx
[.xinitrc]
=> exec /usr/local/bin/startxfce4 --with-ck-launch
Then xfce4 works fine,
Then I have:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon --syslog --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
/usr/local/bin/dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session xfce4-session
When I do, # service dbus onestart
Followed by : $ startx
I have problems.

Enable it properly, # sysrc dbus_enable="YES" and # service dbus start. Then check if it's running. DBus is required for a lot of applications these days.

starting the service with :
sysrc dbus_enable="YES"
or
service dbus start.
Works fine but.

Then starting almost any desktop fails with the weird polkit/policykit/consolekit/dbus error mentioned on the top.
Log :
console-kit-daemon POLKIT_IS_AUTHORITY failed

Code:
$ pkaction --verbose 
Error getting authority: Error initializing authority: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: Timeout was reached

$ ps aux | grep dbus
/usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon --syslog --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
/usr/local/bin/dbus-daemon --system
dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session

Did you add or edit any of the files in /usr/local/etc/polkit-1/? I suspect you made an error there.

I did not changed anything in /usr/local/etc/polkit-1/
I removed and reinstalled all packages, problem remains.
I will rebuild world and kernel now.

Back