[XFCE] Xfce and goffice

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to freeBSD 6.4 and my box is currently running xfce4. Whenever I try to install the goffice i.e. abiword and gnumeric using the following codes as root
Code:
pkg_add -r abiword
or
Code:
pkg_add -r gnumerice
, I end up with xfce4 desktop with "gnome icons". I prefer the native xfce theme and icons but I cannot restore it. Thus, I decided to install a fresh copy of freebsd+X+Xfce4 in order to restore the theme to its original status. Can anyone advice me please on how to install abiword and gnumeric without installing the gnome theme? is there a gtk-version of goffice that can be installed safely on Xfce4?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions and the quick support. I managed to sort out the issue by upgrading my freeBSD box from version 6.4 to 7.3. Now I'm running Xfce desktop without any problem. Also, the new Xfce 4.6 comes with a new set of icons which remained the same even after I installed abiword and gnumeric. I'll close this thread, thanks again.

al7oot said:
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions and the quick support. I managed to sort out the issue by upgrading my freeBSD box from version 6.4 to 7.3. Now I'm running Xfce desktop without any problem. Also, the new Xfce 4.6 comes with a new set of icons which remained the same even after I installed abiword and gnumeric. I'll close this thread, thanks again.

Does anyone know how to close a thread or at least mark it as solved? I checked the FAQ but I didn't find any information related to "closing a thread".

you can't do that yet, you need to be registered for 10 days, and 10 posts [something like that], before you can edit posts

Back