Xfce XFCE not displaying SVG icons correctly

Hi all,

Did a fresh install of FreeBSD 12.1 in Virtualbox today with XFCE on top. Everything (so far) works well except for many of the SVG icons being displayed in a weird, corrupted way, like so:

1602431421880.png

I tracked down all the corrupted icons as belonging to the Adwaita icon theme, and being located in /usr/local/share/icons/Adwaita/scalable. I tried reinstalling the adwaita-icon-theme package, which didn't change anything. I then tried downloading the icon theme from another source to view on my Windows host, and they were all rendered correctly. I then downloaded the icons from this source in the FreeBSD VM and installed them manually, with the same result. Finally, I moved the icons to ~/.icons but again, that didn't change anything. Thus, I think the issue is with how FreeBSD renders some of these icons, and not the icon pack itself.

Thanks in advance :)
Wren

The same problem is reported in Gnome-3.36/3.38, after the recent upgrade. I had resolved it after installing gnome icons and selected it.- https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/...o-something-has-gone-wrong.77290/#post-480933

Thank you so much! After changing my preferred icon theme's inherited icon packs in index.theme, there aren't any more distorted icons :)

Installed librsvg2 2.45.92 from ports (the rest on this machine is installed from packages), and it does indeed fix the problem:
Screenshot_2020-10-30_14-50-49.png

Thanks!

The problem have been fixed now.
package for librsvg2-rust is updated (version: 2.50.0_1). This problem was common in Gnome-3 also. Another bug which got fixed was of gvfs causing delay in launching Gnome-shell. With librsvg2-rust in place, Adwaita theme including icons works, GDM also has icons displayed correctly now.

it's tracked in [PR250276][/PR]
I still have a broken home icon in thunar, will this fixed in FreeBSD 12 by regular updating?

Code:
[root@eeepc ~]# freebsd-version ; uname -a
12.2-RELEASE-p2
FreeBSD eeepc 12.2-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p1 GENERIC  i386

[root@eeepc ~]# pkg info xfce
xfce-4.14
Name           : xfce
Version        : 4.14
Installed on   : Mon May 25 11:50:36 2020 NZST
Origin         : x11-wm/xfce4
Architecture   : FreeBSD:12:*

[root@eeepc ~]