Solved X11 Laptop Nvidia

In the last days I tried to get X11 working on my laptop. The last times I installed FreeBSD (On a PC and Netbook) it worked nearly out of the box, but now I try it for days and it won't work.

First I tried self configuring, it shows up 4 Monitors and 4 Graphic cards. One card with intel driver (integrated), one card with nv driver, and two other which are according to the PCI Numbers the same as above but with vesa driver.

Then I tried to configure it myself and installed the nvidia driver in the newest version (which according to Nvidia should support my card) but it didn't work.

After some searching I found the stuff with Nvidia Optimus and tried to follow this: https://wiki.freebsd.org/OptimusVideoSupport
It seems not to be complete up-to-date as libjpeg-turbo has no config options (or i have used them wrong), additionally I have used virtualgl from a package and not self build, I failed after writing the config and now I am out of ideas.

I thank anyone who will try to help me.

Mese

There are several options and the easiest would be to disable one of the video drivers in the BIOS. Not all BIOS provide the option. Trying to have both intel and nvidia drivers would be the hardest.

Ah I knew I would forget something. I am not able to disable one card in the BIOS. My goal is it to get the Nvidia card working, I don't care very much about the Intel card.

newest version (which according to Nvidia should support my card)
Well, Nvidia website states (in the "additional information" tab of the FreeBSD driver) that
the list of supported GPU products is provided to indicate which GPUs are supported by a particular driver version. Some designs incorporating supported GPUs may not be compatible with the NVIDIA Linux driver: in particular, notebook and all-in-one desktop designs with switchable (hybrid) or Optimus graphics will not work if means to disable the integrated graphics in hardware are not available.

The only way I got my Optimus cursed Laptop (without boot switch off option) working is by only using the Intel card. I have not tried the link you provide though.

Back