X - no screens found - error

zeising@

Developer

mate, I need to buy you a beer. that fixed it for me on two systems. of course i have pretty much stuffed my X setup by fiddling, trying to fix the problem myself, but at least now the GUI is back.
I'm not sure I deserve the beer, considering I probably broke stuff to begin with. :)
I've had several good reports with the patch, I'll push it to the ports tree as soon as possible, I just need to clear some other things off the TODO list first. It will then take some time (usually a couple of days) before it shows up as pre-built packages.

• Thanks
Reactions: pez

meine

The way this bug went from this Forum to Bugzilla, got reviewed, patched and tested by some end users and gets up into the tree -- for me it is just a Great Example of how things are managed over here to improve FreeBSD.

TNX to all that contributed!

zeising@

Developer

I have just committed the libpciaccess fix I posted here earlier. It will take some time before it shows up as pre-built packages.

shkhln

Aspiring Daemon

The way this bug went from this Forum to Bugzilla
The bug tracker issue precedes your first post in this thread by five days.

got reviewed, patched and tested by some end users and gets up into the tree -- for me it is just a Great Example of how things are managed over here to improve FreeBSD.
Don't get overly excited.

LakeCowabunga

Now I'm afraid to say anything, lest I get banned. (Nah, not really. macOS and Windows are my main machines, so fire away!)

shkhln

Aspiring Daemon

Now I'm afraid to say anything, lest I get banned.
For better or for worse, saying stupid things is not enough of a reason for a ban. Obscuring the relevant information by sheer number and volume of contradicting posts as well as advertising random binaries of unknown origin in place of an existing workaround on other hand…