www.freebsd.org down?

Just a few minutes ago, the freebsd.org website was down. Does anyone know what happened? Due to the recent security incident, I really want to know it is not another incident and it is safe to perform the update to R9.1.

fontorio said:
I really want to know it is not another incident and it is safe to perform the update to R9.1.
As already said many times before, upgrading to 9.1-RELEASE before the release announcement has been formally made is at one's own risk.

Fonz

fonz said:
As already said many times before, upgrading to 9.1-RELEASE before the release announcement has been formally made is at one's own risk.

Fonz

I know that. But, I am talking about security risk, not the ISO being stable or not.

kpa said:
The site works just fine for me.

It was back to normal when I started this thread. I wonder if someone can confirm that nothing suspicious was going on. That outage lasted for at least 10 minutes. I did not write down the error message shown on my browser in my first attempt. Then, I had a second attempt later which also failed but gave no error message.

fonz said:

Fonz

Apparently the derived PC-BSD 9.1 has been released officially before FreeBSD 9.1 itself, somehow I find that funny :p

Back