Wrong "Viewing thread" in tooltip when hovering avatar

Hello,

i belive i found a bug in the forum software which happens when threads are split.

As you can see in the screenshot, the forum thinks i last visited the thread https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/no-dp-hdmi-sound-after-update-13-0-rc3-13-0-release.82646/
2021-11-02-094139_1920x1080_scrot.png

But this is not true as my browser history proves:
2021-11-02-094322_1920x1080_scrot.png
(And i swear i never read that thread)

I belive this happens because i visited a thread which has been split from the original thread.
Maybe this one? https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/bastille-jail-no-sound-in-firefox.82683/

I can't check or verify this though. The admin panel doesn't have the option to see your history (which is a good thing, privacy and such), so I can't even tell if it's correct or not.

I began that topic, I'm not aware of any split.

For now, let's forget splits.

Did you ever view the topic?

Kicking the ball around, although some of this is clutching at straws … what's your web browser? Does prefetch occur when you intentionally, or non-intentionally, point at, or mouse/hover over a link? Were you at the forum home page on Monday night (GMT), did you maybe move the pointer across a link to the topic?

1646320173810.png

let's forget splits.
Yes, i think the splits are a red herring.
Did you ever view the topic?
No, not even once.
what's your web browser?
I am using Firefox. But i think that's not relevant here.
Does prefetch occur when you intentionally, or non-intentionally, point at, or mouse/hover over a link?
It happens if i hover my avatar in order to show the tooltip.
Were you at the forum home page on Monday night (GMT),
Most likely.
did you maybe move the pointer across a link to the topic?
I don't know for sure.

I think you misunderstood me. See the very first screenshot i posted.
It happens if i hover an avatar (the name or the image), not when hovering a thread title.

I think you misunderstood me. …

No, your screenshot was (still is) perfectly clear, thanks.

The first screen recording was solely for a glimpse of the network traffic that occurs in one situation.

Whilst I did not bother to record the range of tests before or after, the tests did include carefully timed previews of my profile.

Yours and mine, now:

Peek 2022-03-04 00-06.gif

Hints (you sometimes enjoy detective work):
  • you did not time travel back from the future to be seen in the present
  • it's way past 23:46 later today, which was yesterday …

Back