Solved "Workspace Switcher", "Show Desktop" and "Window List" quit unexpectedly

After using pkg to upgrade my packages last night (on FreeBsd 12.1 p10) when I log into my Mate session I get a few errors. The "Workspace Switcher", "Window List" and "Show Desktop" quite unexpectedly. After removing those items from the lower panel I am able to add the "Workspace Switcher" and "Show Desktop" back to the lower panel. If I try and add the "Window List" back to the panel I get the same 3 error messages. So it seems that the issue is with the "Window List" widget. It's not a big deal to just not use the "Window List" widget but I was wondering if there is a way around this issue.
Edit #1: If it helps I'm running freebsd on 2 Dell Laptops and each laptop is having the same issue. Both laptops are using the 'drm-kmod' package for the intel graphics card. The laptop I'm on right now is a Dell Latittude E7450 with an I7 processor.

Edit #2: I also noticed that the mate package is listed as being version 1.22.2 where the associated mate packages (like mate-applets) are listed as being version 1.23.0. Could this be part of the issue?

You also must write the related package name in the title so that the maintainer gets directly a notification. Example: x11/mate-applets: Issue with "Window List" Applet in Mate desktop environment but i guess its the package x11/mate-panel, it is not bad if the package is not exactly right.

You also must write the related package name in the title so that the maintainer gets directly a notification. Example: x11/mate-applets: Issue with "Window List" Applet in Mate desktop environment but i guess its the package x11/mate-panel, it is not bad if the package is not exactly right.
Thanks!

Back