Other windowmaker could not execute wprefs!

Hi, I installed windowmaker and at first launch execute wmaker.inst, but my installation is not fully work.
For example, when I try open configure windowmaker, get error like "Could not execute command: exec WPrefs" and some other things, like "openapp" command not found, and no Applications folder in ~/GNUStep.
But for exam WPrefs exists and can be launched by the path /usr/local/GNUStep/Applications/WPrefs.app/WPrefs but that not right ... How I can fix that? Please help

Start WPrefs in the terminal:

/usr/local/GNUStep/Applications/WPrefs.app/WPrefs

Then in WPrefs add this path for the startup directory of WPrefs.

At least this is what I tried as a workaround.

Start WPrefs in the terminal:

Then in WPrefs add this path for the startup directory of WPrefs.

At least this is what I tried as a workaround.
Thanks, but what about "openapp" or you don't use that?

But GNUstep is not necessary to run Windowmaker; and if you add gnustep, make sure you "add enough":
Code:
 pkg search gnustep
gnustep-1.28.0_8               Objective-C libraries based on the OpenStep standard
gnustep-app-2.0.0_20           Metaport for GNUstep applications
gnustep-back-0.28.0_3          GNUstep GUI backend
gnustep-base-1.29.0_1          GNUstep Foundation library
gnustep-cdplayer-0.5.1_10      GNUstep CD player with CDDB support
gnustep-ftp-0.6_2              Compact and handy FTP client for GNUstep
gnustep-gui-0.28.0_8           GNUstep GUI library
gnustep-ladder-1.0_11          GNU Go frontend for GNUstep
gnustep-make-2.8.0_1           GNUstep makefile package
gnustep-preview-0.8.5_12       Simple image viewer
gnustep-sudoku-0.7_9           Sudoku solver and generator
gnustep-wrapper-0.1.0_11       Create GNUstep app-wrappers of non-GNUstep applications
In the past I've added gnustep, gnustep-back, gnustep-base and gnustep-gui. gnustep-wrapper may also be useful.
Pay attention to the package message from pkg install gnustep: you'll want to tweak your .xinitrc/.xsession file to add the correct paths.
pkg install gnustep looks like it may bring in gnustep-back, gnustep-base and gnustep-gui
the gnumail application is not bad, may not have all the currently needed bells and whistles and it wants to own the process of getting messages, but it worked last time I used it.

But the simplest answer is in #2.

If you right-click on the wmdock icon, which is the icon at the top right of the screen (at the top of the dock), then select 'settings', you will open a dialog for wmdock settings. Now under "application path and arguments" enter the fully qualified path to wprefs:-

Make sure 'Lock' is ticked and "start when window maker is started" is not ticked. Then hit OK, which will close the settings dialog.

Now when you double-click on the wmdock icon, wprefs will open.

You can of course also add wprefs to your root menu tree, using wprefs itself to edit the menu. But double click on wmdock is most convenient and is consistent with how windowmaker used to be set up for many years.

Back