WiFi Driver for Intel 6E AX210

I've looked through the 13.0 compatible hardware list for WiFi drivers. Needless to say I did not come across any compatible diver for the Intel WiFi 6EAX210 chipset that is on my MSI motherboard. If anyone has found a FreeBSD driver or a current one that is compatible for the Intel 6EAX210 please post.

There is work in progress on the "iwlwifi" driver, but you need to run 14.0-CURRENT to test:

Looking at the Support-Matrix (page last edited 2021-09-24) the AX210 is not functional yet.
https://wiki.freebsd.org/WiFi/Iwlwifi#Support-Matrix

But it's expected to have a working driver in the future:
"The Foundation is funding developer Bjoern Zeeb to integrate support for current-generation Intel WiFi devices"

Thanks T-Daemon, I did run across some of Bjoern's posts and felt that probably with the next RELEASE, that is 14.0, the issues with drivers for my new MSI Motherboard would kinda go away. What a great family of BSDer's. I feel very fortunate and am honored to donate to the foundation.

T-Daemon any reason to believe that this driver will be "back-ported" to 13.0(-RELEASE) ?
From https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-wireless/2021-September/000068.html:
I haven't tested them on stable/13 yet (not sure they even apply).
So unless you know what you are doing, support for HEAD only.

B.Zeeb's mail states the "iwlwifi" is supported on HEAD (main, CURRENT) only. I think this is because of the present LinuxKPI infrastructure state of the development branches stable and main. Reading the WiFi / Iwlwifi wiki more thorough, the "Availability" and "FAQ" sections implies that the driver will be available on stable/13 also.
About 70 MFCs to stable/13 were done (and while main gets the latest changes stable/13 will get MFCs timely now so people can also test on stable/13, not 13.0-RELEASE)

Q: Will you support FreeBSD 13 or 12?
A: FreeBSD 12 will most likely not be supported any time soon. stable/13 should be in a few weeks once most of the LinuxKPI changes are merged.

Looking at the stable/13 logs regarding "iwlwifi", there are MFC's and cherry-pickings from main. If the driver runs on stable/13 it might run on 13.0-RELEASE (releng/13.0) as well, but that remains to be tested. For sure it won't be easy. The driver needs the LinuxKPI infrastructure, that infrastructure needs to be updated first.

It should be mentioned the state of the driver is in "testing", not fully developed yet.

I tried installing FreeBSD 13.2 RELEASE & STABLE. On those installers my wifi wasn't listing any available networks.

And then on 14.0 CURRENT it was showing the networks but after connecting it had a kernel panic.

Has anybody been able to make it work with iwlwifi?

Note: I'm using a Framework Laptop

I tried installing FreeBSD 13.2 RELEASE & STABLE. On those installers my wifi wasn't listing any available networks.

And then on 14.0 CURRENT it was showing the networks but after connecting it had a kernel panic.

Has anybody been able to make it work with iwlwifi?

Note: I'm using a Framework Laptop
Can you run pciconf -lv and post it here. Also sysctl net.wlan.devices Remember to use the correct code tags

This is a known longstanding installer bug/issue.
Try not changing the regdomain, ignore that the installer shows FCC as default, then things should work.
In the end, in /etc/rc.conf, the create_args_wlan option country should be sufficient, with either no regdomain or the regdomain being set to NONE.

Back